Anyone come to the Fascinate from the Incredible? Opinions

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an Incredible and have never had a problem. It's a great phone. I really want to try the Fascinate because of the bigger screen size and the Super AMOLED. I was planning on rooting and "de-binging" it.

Has anyone made this switch? If so, do you like the Fascinate as much or better than the Incredible?

I will still have my Incredible to switch back to so it won't be an all or nothing switch for me.

I was going to hold off and wait for my upgrade but I want to try something new and nothing out or announced for Verizon interests me.

Should I give it a try?

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
If you like the fascinate i would suggest waiting a day or 2 and get the lg revolution.

Superamoled
4.5 screen
Lte
Front and rear facing cams
Netflix functioning and preinstalled
Nice looking device too

I love my fascinate and i am considering switching. The only downside ofthe revolution is froyo at launch and a single core processor. And the fascinate has these as well.
Revolution is guaranteed to get gingerbread though.

Just my 2 cents - should launch tomorrow or Friday if the rumor millcan be believed.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The Revolution has a 4.3 inch which isn't SAMOLED.

I just want to know if anyone went from the Incredible to the Fascinate and what they think. I would be buying the Fascinate off contract.

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The Revolution has a 4.3 inch which isn't SAMOLED.

I just want to know if anyone went from the Incredible to the Fascinate and what they think. I would be buying the Fascinate off contract.

Revolution runs Android 2.2 Froyo and features a Super AMOLED Plus display.

Anyway, I came from the Incredible to this phone. I can say, the screen is far superior, the speed is excellent on both devices, the overall appearance of the fascinate (imo) is much better. It's sleek, and looks nice. Battery life for me on the Fascinate is much better. I enjoy the phone more, but I don't feel it's worth much more over the incredible.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Revolution runs Android 2.2 Froyo and features a Super AMOLED Plus display.

Anyway, I came from the Incredible to this phone. I can say, the screen is far superior, the speed is excellent on both devices, the overall appearance of the fascinate (imo) is much better. It's sleek, and looks nice. Battery life for me on the Fascinate is much better. I enjoy the phone more, but I don't feel it's worth much more over the incredible.

No Super AMOLED. I'm not sure why people think it has it.

LG Revolution hands-on

mcapiro

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a fascinate off contract even though I'm up for an upgrade. I just don't see anything out there worth spending my upgrade on. Anyway, I have an incredible right now and love it but I'll let you know how the fascinate goes next week when I receive it.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered a fascinate off contract even though I'm up for an upgrade. I just don't see anything out there worth spending my upgrade on. Anyway, I have an incredible right now and love it but I'll let you know how the fascinate goes next week when I receive it.

Looks like you have the exact same thought process as me. I want a new phone and have an upgrade but nothing on Verizon impresses me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just made the switch from the DInc to the Fascinate for the same reason...I was bored. I have the extra screen real estate and SuperAmoled to be great. I've been using the phone in ways that I hadn't before.

What do I miss? A fully working CyanogenMod.

Steve in CT

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I also just went from the D-inc to the Fascinate(bought the SF off contract from a user on this forum) and I must say that I so very impressed by the SF. Bigger screen(4 vs 3.7), better screen(Samoled vs amoled), lighter, thinner, bettery battery life(1300mah to 1500mah) and better GPU(Cortex A8, same as iPhone4). Only real draw back to me is no decent GB rom yet. Other than that it is amazing and I plan to sell my Dinc soon. PS it needs Root.

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
Hey man I did exactly that, had an Incredible since day one, rooted it and flashed about a million ROMs but wanted the bigger and nicer screen and better graphics processor so I went on Swappa and found a fascinate for a good price. The rooting process was alot different from rooting the Incredible but just be sure to read up and take notes and its not too bad. Now that its rooted, debinged and running the community ROM i have the best quadrant scores of my friends at work and alot of the games that used to not run very well on my Inc are great on the Fascinate. I also like the camera alot better on this phone, it doesnt seem to have that washout effect that my Inc always seemed to have in lowlight situations. BTW the battery life is also ALOT better, i had always read about HTC not having the best battery life, in fact i rooted just to make that better and after using this phone for a few weeks its so much better and gets me through the day with no problem!! :D

ps not to mention you can actually see your screen on a sunny day

Last edited:

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. I have a Fascinate on its way. I'm gonna try out a debinged stock ROM first and move to the community ROM if I don't like that.

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. I have a Fascinate on its way. I'm gonna try out a debinged stock ROM first and move to the community ROM if I don't like that.

Do it the other way. You will not bother with the Stock rom. it will save you some flashing.

Tremie24

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I just switched over a Fascinate, I have to say I like it a lot, I wasn't sure at first. I've had some issues with the camera, but other than that, I like this phone a lot.

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
Go with the Comm ROM 1.3, it works great on my Fascinate. Everything is every smooth, transitions are good, GPS works, and battery life and speed have been excellent. The only issue I have had with it was every once in a while my camera freezes but doesn't happen much so not a big deal. I was using dark fascinate before and while I like the look of the ROM i had alot of freezing and force closes.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Fascinate and installed the debinged ED01 ROM. So far everything is great. I will miss some of the Sense widgets from my Incredible but I knew I wouldn't have those. This phone is so thin and light, and the screen is gorgeous. So far the stock ROM seems like it will be fine for me. I'll have to see if I have issues with anything not working which would be the only reason for me to switch ROMs.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty