Does the expandable battery fit the double case made by incipio?

NY Jets_6

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Curious because I'm about to order the extended battery and wondering if I'll need to exchange for another case or not.

Because I really like this case.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: Does the expandable battery fit the double case made by incip

It bulges out a tiny bit, but it's almost unnoticeable.

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Returned my today but it does work, and like others have said there is a slight gap at the corners.

bamaboy

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

You can use the standard battery cover instead of the extended and get it looking a little bit better. There is still a slight gap, but not as big as with the extended cover. Barely noticeable and you still get the benefit of a little more juice. I am not one for big bulky extended batteries, so I have never purchased one before.The thunderbolt I had before went from a brick to well, a bigger brick.

Case aside, I think the phone feels much better with the extended battery and cover. Its a lot better to hold and is more evenly balanced.

IMO, for the price and the little if any downsides, I don't see why you wouldn't go for it even if it is a minute difference in run time.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

First dont use stock cover on extended battery. The added pressure will push on the screen causes issues. Second yes nfc wallet and beam work.

NateDizzy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

First dont use stock cover on extended battery. The added pressure will push on the screen causes issues. Second yes nfc wallet and beam work.

I havent noticed any issues, how did you come to this conclusion? Not being a prick, just wondering.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
From experience and come since. U have a screen u have board then battery slot u place pressure on battery that pressure has to go some where it goes to the board that then is pressed up against display. You are also causing pressure on battery tabs those are the weakest link and could snap.
I havent noticed any issues, how did you come to this conclusion? Not being a prick, just wondering.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

NY Jets_6

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I ended up exchanging the case. The little gap on the hard part of the case was annoying the heck out of me.

I ended up getting the black glossy silicone case. To be honest, I like it better. Gives it a sleek look.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non