Does Vz. Spare Battery Charge Kit fit Verizon G Nex w/ thin Case?

ace2525

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone, my work just got the Verizon Galaxy Nexus for us to order for personal/business use. I'm going to order one this week but need my accessories before the phone comes! Two questions for you Nexus Pro's...

1) Looking to get the spare battery charging kit from Verizon which includes an additional 1850MaH battery with the battery charger & dock all in one...I like this idea, and will start with having 2 1850MaH batteries instead of purchasing an extended battery as well (who needs 3 batteries, I have a T-Bolt, no phone had a worse battery life than that and I survived with only 1 1400MaH battery, LoL -- was charging my phone mid-day in order to use LTE for teathering in the city on my hour long commute home)...

So my question is, will this spare battery charger/dock fit my Verizon G-Nex with a thin case such as a CaseMate Barely There, Incipio Feather Case, or a Diztronic Rev 3? I have included a link below to the dock I'm talking about in case some are unaware what I'm talking about, and maybe just by looking at the dock close up in the pictures, you might be able to guesstimate for me if you own the G-Nex & a thin case like one mentioned above...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...bUpU1580042&utm_medium=content&token=kPUsGdht

2) I know this has been asked a billion times, but since the phones/cases have been out for a while I want some fresh opinions on the latest and greatest. I'll list about 4 or 5 I found which I like (looking for a very thin case (to hopefully fit in my dock from question (1)) and has a lip so if the phone is screen down, it won't get scratched...furthermore if those 3 gold dots on the side are necessary to be exposed (not sure what there for or if I will use it) I want the case to have a cutout there...Which case do you recommend?...

1) Casemate Barely There: Samsung Galaxy Nexus Barely There slim case by Case-Mate

2) Incipio Feather Case: Incipio Samsung Galaxy Nexus feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Cases, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Covers, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Accessories, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Protection, Galaxy Nexus Cases

3) Diztronic Matte Black: http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Fle...ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1580042#productPromotions

I like the diztronic b/c of all the great reviews and the fact that it is $9.90 on Amazon & I can get free shipping if I buy the spare battery kit on there...which one do you guys think I will have best shot of fitting in the Verizon Spare Battery Charging Kit Dock?? Thats the most important feature, i'd say! I'm not taking the case off just to dock the phone next to my bed at night as my alarm. That is the main reason I want this spare battery accessory (oh and the free additional battery and external charger -- every phone should come wtih extra battery and a charger like this!)

4) Androidified A2 Case (Clear): http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Cruzer-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1580042

I have to admit, I was very skeptical of this at first glance, but now it looks kinda cool, its transparent clear plastic case (not a strong silicon plastic like the ones above, but more of a cheap plastic IMO and it has that cool Android guy on the back...I like this but this might be way to thick to fit my spare battery charging kit dock..

5) Rearth Ringle Matte Black: http://www.rearthusa.com/galaxy_nexus_slim.html

As you can see Im leaning matte black for my case, I dont like gloss b/c it attracts fingerprints (only plastic I want would be that clear one above (4) b/c you won't see them as much with it being clear. This Rearth is so similar to CaseMate & Incipio. It almost seems like splitting hairs between a few of these cases, I'm getting a headache just trying to make up my mind there so similar!

6) BONUS (as I just saw someone post how much they love this case): SGP Neo Hybrid: This one is a little more secure, but I like the idea of the silicon inside case for limited protection, and then you add the plastic silver accent for additional protection...seems like it definitely wont fit the spare battery charging kit/dock though

Any input as to if any of these cases will fit my Spare Battery Charging Kit/Dock is greatly appreciated & thanks in advance guys!

Last edited:

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does Vz. Spare Battery Charge Kit fit Verizon G Nex w/ thin C

I have the incipio feather case and the extra battery charger and the phone fits in the charger. I really like the case and would recommend it.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

The Ringke looks really nice too. I might buy one to try it out, but like I said the Incipio Feather case is pretty sweet. I am using an XO Skin, but the Incipio comes with a screen protector as well.

ace2525

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I probably won't use a screen protector. I know the Case-Mate Barely There has a little 'lip' so if the phone is face down, the screen does not touch the surface.....

Does anyone know if the Incipio NGP will fit the spare battery charger/dock? I have moved on from Incipio's feather model b/c it does not have a lip, therefore if my Nexus were to be placed face down, the screen will probably be wrecked!

So the NGP has been added to my list of cases I want!

http://www.myincipio.com/Samsung-Ga...laxy-Nexus-NGP-Semi-Rigid-Soft-Shell-Case.asp

I guess it really boils down to, do I want a hard shell case (like casemate with a lip for solid protection....or should I get a TPU case like Incipio NGP, which is more rubbery, and also has the lip. I'm leaning Hard-Shell...so with that said...

Of the 2, Casemate BarelyThere or Reath Ringle what do you guys think?? I'm leaning Barely There, b/c it it appears to have a slightly larger lip to protect screen when face down, and the CaseMate also covers the side of the device, while the Ringle stops halfway up the side of the phone (you can see in the pictures)..

Lastly, I HATE screen protectors, but I'm thinking I should bite the bullet and try one this time around. I DONT want matte, b/c that dulls the screen, ruining the fact that I have a 329PPI density and a sick resolution so it has to be CLEAR..

anyone have any input as to the best screen protector with no bubbling...essentially one that looks like its not even there! I hate when you can tell there is a piece of plastic over the screen, it looks cheap and attracts fingerprints worse than the glass itself...any input appreciated regarding the cases & screen protectors!

Thanks Guys!

Last edited: