1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just purchased one of these

To make a long story short, I didn't want to use my upgrade on the S4 and needed a new phone so I bought a Galaxy Nexus (new) w/ 2 extended batteries on ebay. Is there one of those stand alone docks that charges the extra extended battery? Also does anyone know of a good case w/ the extended battery that doesn't make the phone too bulky?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Just purchased one of these

Anyone? Is there a stand alone charger that charges the OEM extended battery?

Quote Originally Posted by thekidjames View Post
    Anyone? Is there a stand alone charger that charges the OEM extended battery?
    the charging cradle for the standard battery will charge the extended battery. The lid won't close all the way but it doesn't affect the charging.

Also, the verizon stores have the GNex accessories on clearance so you can get an incipio case for $10 if your store still has any. Batteries weren't on clearance last time I checked, though. You can get the incipio case online from verizon, too, free shipping. Makes it a little bulky, though, but I really like it and it fits the extended battery.

Comes in white/gray, too.
    I voided my warranty.

The hard high gloss silicone case works just fine with the extended battery and extended battery cover so there's no need to buy a different case if you have one. The separate battery charger from Samsung will charge the extended battery and just like it was mentioned before the charger won't close all the way.
    It's great having two extra batteries around actually I use the extended battery for work then I come home with a little bit more than ten percent then switch it out for a regular battery go to school come back finish draining that battery switch with the third battery kill that one and switch back to the extended when leaving for work and charge the third battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Sent From My Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by comk4ver View Post
    It's great having two extra batteries around actually I use the extended battery for work then I come home with a little bit more than ten percent then switch it out for a regular battery go to school come back finish draining that battery switch with the third battery kill that one and switch back to the extended when leaving for work and charge the third battery.
    That's a lot of battery use! LOL! yeah, but that is the way it is with this phone - the battery was too small for the screen.
    I voided my warranty.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I already purchased a case, but thanks!