Having trouble after unlocking Bootloader (noob and MAC))

MANDROIDMN

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay I was able to unlock (using ADB-Fastboot on a MAC) I must not have allowed the boot screen to go long enough before a battery pull. When I turn the phone on I get the Google Screen with an unlock symbol under it.

From here I don't know what to do. I'd like to get it restored or whatever needs to be done. Can someone help a noob out with detailed instructions (or any instructions?) For restoring on a Mac. I would be very grateful and wouldn't have to listen to wife say "i told you so"

Thanks for your help in advance.

MANDROIDMN

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay so it's not rooted how do I flash a factory image back on to it? I tried with the one that came with adb-fastboot and it says I don't have permission (assuming it's because it wasn't rooted)

Anything?

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I am somewhat of a noob at this too, but I don't really know the MAC method of rooting (rooted via windows). From everything I read pulling the battery while it is booting soft bricks the phone. So, you would need to download the factory image for your phone Factory Images for Nexus Devices - Google Support for Nexus Phones and Flagship Devices - Google Code and follow the unroot instruction method listed here http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-root-unroot-unlock-your-vz-galaxy-nexus.html in the first post. There may be an easier method, but I cannot seem to find it. Maybe someone else will chime in to add input or correct me.

MANDROIDMN

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I tried to go through the process, and I keep getting "permission denied" when I put the command in the terminal. Am I missing a setting on my MAC?

MANDROIDMN

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for helping, I just locked it and unlocked it again. It booted past the Google screen this time. I'll give it a few and see where it takes me....hopefully I can glean a little experience and try to help others on a mac.

MANDROIDMN

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for helping, I just locked it and unlocked it again. It booted past the Google screen this time. I'll give it a few and see where it takes me....hopefully I can glean a little experience and try to help others on a mac.

That did work. It booted, then looped once and went to the factory start up screen!.

Now to root!

Thanks for your help!

I would add some more exclamation points but I am out of things to say since now I have to set up my phone again.

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear you got it working. I love this phone more rooted just because I was able to use adblock again and not have to see as many ads anymore in apps. It took me forever to set up the phone again after rooting, I wish I just did it out of the box. At least you got it working again, I bet that was a load off of your mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa