After a month and a holiday with the Ultra vs Note 9

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I REALLY MISS home button to unlock!
I put on a Whitestone protector and the fingerprint sensor is about useless

Lift to wake doesn't always work and I still have to swipe up to get to the home screen.
Having to double tap to wake and then swipe to open is getting really old!

Face unlock doesn't usually work either.

All of these intermittent functions are making the Ultra kind of a pain to use. There is no muscle memory to open your phone, because it didn't act the same every time I pull it from my pocket.

I thought about getting a Fold for the optical FP sensor, but I think the thickness and weight would make it impractical and no onboard S-Pen.

Any suggestions for my unlocking/opening issues would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about reentering my face, I came across this silly setting. Turning it off fixed the face unlock issue it seems.
What would be the benefit of using this setting? Screenshot_20221223_084607_Settings.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thinking about reentering my face, I came across this silly setting. Turning it off fixed the face unlock issue it seems.
What would be the benefit of using this setting? View attachment 350504

That allows you to have it unlocked with your face and read notification on lock screen if something u need to respond it be unlocked with the swipe otherwise it will bypass notification screen and just unlock.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That allows you to have it unlocked with your face and read notification on lock screen if something u need to respond it be unlocked with the swipe otherwise it will bypass notification screen and just unlock.
Couldn't I just hit the post button once to see notifications on the lock screen?

I really miss wave to wake, also!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Couldn't I just hit the post button once to see notifications on the lock screen?

I really miss wave to wake, also!

Face unlock supposed to unlock and straight to home page without reading notification lock screen notification that other feature for you want read those lock screen notification and if important just swipe up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas