Any idea on how to install a new ROM to SD Card?

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I was able to root and unlock my new Galaxy Nexus from VZ

That was the easy part but then last night I tried to install the Codename Android 1.4 and had no luck. Got to the back up and wipe of data but when I went to look for the ROM in the sd card it was not there. So then rebooted phone and it was stuck in a loop.

I downloaded the ROM and it comes up in my WinRar file with 2 folders and 1 image in white

How do I put this on my SD card so that I can install it to my phone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

Seeing how you mentioned its opening up in your WinRAR that could be the problem.

You must make sure the ROM zip file package doesn't get extracted and is left as a "zip" file. Then place that onto your internal sdcard card.

From there you should be able to locate and flash the file from ClockWorkMod recovery.

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

Seeing how you mentioned its opening up in your WinRAR that could be the problem.

You must make sure the ROM zip file package doesn't get extracted and is left as a "zip" file. Then place that onto your internal sdcard card.

From there you should be able to locate and flash the file from ClockWorkMod recovery.

OK excellent, is there a particular place on the internal SD that I have to put the file?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You need to have the file on the root of your internal sdcard and not in any folders. If you have the zip in any folder you won't be able to access it in recovery.

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
You need to have the file on the root of your internal sdcard and not in any folders. If you have the zip in any folder you won't be able to access it in recovery.

I have in my pc the free WinRar and whenever I download a file of any kind it goes into that WinRar for extraction.

How do I get it to not download in that method and just in a file?

When I download it will there be just one file or a couple of folders like I see when in WinRar

When you say to install to the root of the sd card, does that mean to where all folders are located and not into a folder inside the sd card?

Thank You :D

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
1. I think you have to look for a setting in WinRar that won't auto unzip all downloads I don't use that program so I can't tell you where the setting would be.

2. You could also remove it from your pc if you can't find the setting.

3. You could use Rom Manger to download and install CodeName which will bypass your pc. I would recommend doing it through your pc and recovery.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Another thing check on you pc click on my computer>your name>downloads the file may be in there.

edit - missed your other question about the root folder
Yes, the root of your sdcard is where all the files are and is where the zip file should be placed, it can't be in any of the folder.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
In Rom Manager you download Google apps in the same spot you downloaded the Rom and when flashing no need to wipe data.

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
When the Google Apps Mod is downloaded it prompts me for 3 check boxes

One is to back up

One is to Wipe Data

One is to Wipe Dalvik Cache and that one alone is already checked off

Do I go from there or should I uncheck it or check more then that one

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm. I organize my folders and keep roms and mods in seperate folders and I don't have any issues when flashing through recovery.

Not saying your wrong just haven't had an issue.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk