Keeping your Nexus healthy

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The sentiment of the following holds true for any Android device, especially to those that are constantly running different ROMs and generally like to install and uninstall a lot of apps, wallpapers, music, etc.....

Over time, does all of the fun we like to have with this phone start to take up space with legacy objects being left behind?

When we do wipes, how much is it really clearing out?

Are there additional, tried and true, processes that we should be doing to really bring us back to a 'clean' install?

I personally don't see myself keeping the GNex for a full two years but I want to make sure that if that idea changes, I am keeping it in the best shape it can be.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I think about this sometimes too. I know there is some app out there that is supposed to do a more thorough wipe (maybe it's called something like SuperWipe??). I would guess that a wipe data/factory reset is pretty complete, but I don't know that for sure.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I usually clear data for apps before i uninstall them.
Also you can wipe multiple data/cache/dalvik multiple times and format /system before you flash a rom.

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
If I am using an app like Titanium & I back everything up, then go and do full wipes and install a new ROM, I can go and install Titanium and restore my apps so there's obviously objects being stored in other places. How can I get rid of those to make sure that I am correctly wiping all my data and having a truly clean phone?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If I am using an app like Titanium & I back everything up, then go and do full wipes and install a new ROM, I can go and install Titanium and restore my apps so there's obviously objects being stored in other places. How can I get rid of those to make sure that I am correctly wiping all my data and having a truly clean phone?

Delete them from "SD card" with a file manager app or while connected to CPU with USB

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo