What is the best Rom out currently?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you saw DT's post at RootzWiki, but he says that with Franco's kernel used in the new ROM, the battery is much more efficient, while retaining the same performance by lowering the voltage settings by 25uV (or more if your phone handles it) across the board.

| AXI0M CROSSBREED MONOLITH B1 | AOKP | 4.0.4 | KANG/HYBRID | 3/12/2012 | - RootzWiki - Page 314

Works well for me. The battery seems to last much longer...

im draining like crazy with this kernel but i havent cycled thru a full charge and juiced back up again.

actually liked the results with the trinity kernel in the build a few days ago.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
im draining like crazy with this kernel but i havent cycled thru a full charge and juiced back up again.

actually liked the results with the trinity kernel in the build a few days ago.

I've been on Trinity for a while because the battery is so good while keeping the UI very responsive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I have it set to francoTurtle on the latest R89 nightly. The performance is outstanding in all regards.

Franco has been releasing kernels from before our cdma phone was released, with the gsm model. He has released a zillion versions, well at least 30 lol. I used to install every one of them from way back. Then at one point he started to do stuff that would get horrendous battery life and then do a .1 and .2 releases to fix them.
So, I got disillusioned and moved to other kernels.
Hearing some good stuff recently and I just dl the r89 and flashed and flipped on the turtle gov...monitoring closely.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Franco has been releasing kernels from before our cdma phone was released, with the gsm model. He has released a zillion versions, well at least 30 lol. I used to install every one of them from way back. Then at one point he started to do stuff that would get horrendous battery life and then do a .1 and .2 releases to fix them.
Hearing some good stuff recently and I just dl the r89 and flashed and flipped on the turtle gov...monitoring closely.

Others have done more testing last night/today, with a lot of people saying it basically stops battery drain lol

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

That's why I stopped using Franco's kernel, bad battery drain. May give it another shot when M2 is released.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I saw that, and now I'm trying to find out where to get R89 because that's where the Turtle is.

Do you have the franco.Kernel updater app? It's worth it for the features and to support a relentless dev. Like $2 in the market. You can get that and auto-flash the nightly kernels (or auto-flash M1 or download it; why there's no download option for the nightlies I have no idea).

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot_2012-03-12-21-06-07.png

r85 3/4 of the day - flashed r89 and rebooted (yesterday)

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I had to make it back to my regular office, and was just on my way to get the updater. The updater will go and get the build I want, and flash it?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I had to make it back to my regular office, and was just on my way to get the updater. The updater will go and get the build I want, and flash it?

Correct. You can also control a bunch of awesome features right there. I ignore the SetCPU stuff in settings and use the app. Much easier/safer/better IMHO.

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
A slight delay until my order is officially rejected. It turns out that Google Checkout had the wrong billing address for the credit card on file, so Franco has to reject it before they'll accept another order with the correct information.

It's always something. Since DT was impressed with R89, I'm expecting a new ROM any minute with that one it... :D

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
A slight delay until my order is officially rejected. It turns out that Google Checkout had the wrong billing address for the credit card on file, so Franco has to reject it before they'll accept another order with the correct information.

It's always something. Since DT was impressed with R89, I'm expecting a new ROM any minute with that one it... :D

No doubt. How long do you have to wait? That happened to me too but I switched cards and it cleared up fairly quickly IIRC.

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I just opened up another account under a different e-mail address, and got the app. I already flashed the R89, but not the M1.

Some strange things starting to happen though. One app I installed and just used last night to backup all my apps' apk files has disappeared. The backup folder on the SD Card is still there with the backups, but the app itself is gone. Not in the drawer, and not in the system. I looked in Setup, and with Root Explorer and it can't be found. No biggie since they're all backed up, but weird. It happened the other day with another app I could've sworn I installed, but it was missing. I chalked that up to ROM frenzy, but now I know there are gremlins in there...

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I just opened up another account under a different e-mail address, and got the app. I already flashed the R89, but not the M1.

Some strange things starting to happen though. One app I installed and just used last night to backup all my apps' apk files has disappeared. The backup folder on the SD Card is still there with the backups, but the app itself is gone. Not in the drawer, and not in the system. I looked in Setup, and with Root Explorer and it can't be found. No biggie since they're all backed up, but weird. It happened the other day with another app I could've sworn I installed, but it was missing. I chalked that up to ROM frenzy, but now I know there are gremlins in there...

are you using Nova Launcher?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress