Necessary to save ROM backup off-hone?

carlk

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
any yes I am green

rooted my nexus, flashed Liquid, used ROM manager to do a backup
(so I now have a backup of stock and of liquid)

but to be safe shouldnt I transfer copies to external storage -- like the cloud?

then, should something go haywire and zap my phone I have other copies of both backups

if this is best how do I transfer copies off the phone -- root browser or ES or ROM Manager?

also I have not experienced the hugely greater battery life I read about. seems the same. any thoughtsa on what I could adjust? rather not get into flashing kernels and radios etc. and Liquid has leankernel anyway which Ive read reports increases battery life

appreciate any suggestions/input

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You can backup your nandroid's to a harddrive or the cloud if you like, that could come in handy at some point, but you dont really need to worry about it - if you're sd card gets wiped, you can download and flash the stock images and have your phone back up and running in twenty minutes.

In my experience, i flash so often that having backups is really just a safety net, i never go back to them except to get out of a jam or very temporarily if i dont like a new rom ive just flashed. As i change roms weekly, or more, i just delete the old backups except my original stock-rooted back up and whatever my most recent stable rom'ed one is, just in case i bootloop somewhere or the new rom doesnt have the features i want/need.

Hope this helps. the straight answer is it's up to you, but not entirely necessary.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I would keep a copy of your stock (unlocked and rooted) ROM either on the cloud or just on a PC. I would not mess with other ROM backups. If you loose them, you can just re-download the ROM and flash it.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, like others said just keep your stock backup, and the ROMs on file just in case but you don't really need backups unless your experimenting with kernels/oc'ing and don't wanna lose your current set up