Latest version of SetCPU always showing message at phone wakeup.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I got a new update to SetCPU today (from the market) and now every time my phone wakes up, I always see a SetCPU has been granted superuser permissions. I restored my previous version from TiBU and it's back to normal. Anyone else seeing this?

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Latest version of SetCPU always showing message at phone wake

I got a new update to SetCPU today (from the market) and now every time my phone wakes up, I always see a SetCPU has been granted superuser permissions. I restored my previous version from TiBU and it's back to normal. Anyone else seeing this?
The newest version of SetCPU must be requesting root on startup. As opposed to requesting it only once you open it up, I'd guess.
You give the app root access when you use it anyway, so nothing to worry about I think.

Edit: I looked at SetCPU's listing on the market (okay, the Play Store) and it looks like others have the same issue. I played around a little and found out it requested superuser permissions any time you change the max/min frequencies. So if you're using profiles that probably is what's going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: greydarrah

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't this notice with the update but when I ran profiles with Setcpu in the past, I always saw this message when my phone awoke.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reahs