[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Probably gonna be parked at the computer the rest of the evening.... watching bits of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Chatter all open in tabs, Jango Radio set to a "Film Scores" station....

Feet up. Brain off.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Probably gonna be parked at the computer the rest of the evening.... watching bits of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Chatter all open in tabs, Jango Radio set to a "Film Scores" station....

Feet up. Brain off.

Sounds good. Ive got a fire going, gonna watch X Games to see if S. White can bring it again.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I must have missed the change. Why did you decide to switch from the DNA to the GS3?

The DNA was too tall for my tastes, and the color scheme was flashy with all the red trim. Screen was dope tho.

Anyway, before the DNA arrived I searched for a deal on a used s3 and found one - pulled the trigger and decided I would sell whichever I liked less. In a perfect world, I would just keep the nexus 4 but switching to tmo would cause more trouble than it's worth atm, so the s3 will be my temporary device (gotta give the gnex to gf to replace (1) broken droid inc 2 and (2) her backup bb storm that is wonky as all hell).

That said - i like the s3 for the most part - shape is good, weight is good, white is nice, screen is decent, camera is good, etc. Also, it has aokp which dna doesnt have yet. Also, it doesnt require oem nonsense to unlock.

And the dna sale has officially reached the point where it will cover what i paid. 1 hr left.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The DNA was too tall for my tastes, and the color scheme was flashy with all the red trim. Screen was dope tho.

Anyway, before the DNA arrived I searched for a deal on a used s3 and found one - pulled the trigger and decided I would sell whichever I liked less. In a perfect world, I would just keep the nexus 4 but switching to tmo would cause more trouble than it's worth atm, so the s3 will be my temporary device (gotta give the gnex to gf to replace (1) broken droid inc 2 and (2) her backup bb storm that is wonky as all hell).

That said - i like the s3 for the most part - shape is good, weight is good, white is nice, screen is decent, camera is good, etc. Also, it has aokp which dna doesnt have yet. Also, it doesnt require oem nonsense to unlock.

And the dna sale has officially reached the point where it will cover what i paid. 1 hr left.

I haven't tried AOKP or CM10 on the GS3 in a while, but I had data issues with the builds back in December. Running CleanROM for the past month or so. It's a tweaked, debloated TW ROM, and I recommend trying it. I use Nova Prime so the most garish parts of TW are hidden away. :) Battery life on the GS3 is much better than with the Galaxy Nexus. I think you'll enjoy the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Carbon Fiber skin for the back of my GNote 2 for grippage.

Picked up The Godfather trilogy on blu ray from Amazon for $17.99

I love the "Chill" station on Sirius. Love this play list from earlier today.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359334833595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359334833595.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 22
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359334912307.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359334912307.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 22

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried AOKP or CM10 on the GS3 in a while, but I had data issues with the builds back in December. Running CleanROM for the past month or so. It's a tweaked, debloated TW ROM, and I recommend trying it. I use Nova Prime so the most garish parts of TW are hidden away. :) Battery life on the GS3 is much better than with the Galaxy Nexus. I think you'll enjoy the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

F touchwiz. hahahahah jk
sorta

I havent had any time to really look into what roms are available yet. been too busy with school shiz

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I wish I had never heard of the Note2. I wish I hadn't read review after review on it.

Because I want one. And with Canada's rediculous 3yr terms.... I'ts gonna cost me about 1/2 the Note2's MSRP just to break contract, plus another $150 to get it on a NEW contract! Not worth it, but I STILL want one anyway!