[GUIDE] Don't Panic: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Nexus

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Don't Panic: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Nex

dmmarck,
Thanks for putting this guide together. Amateurs like me, that have done a little here and there, will appreciate this!

Mr. Wallace - not a problem at all. I hope you enjoyed it, and of course, if you have any questions you know where to go.

Either that or wait for the Thursday Night Hang Out? lol

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Figured I'd bump this since we're getting some questions regarding flashing and such.

Reactions: zero neck

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Awesome! This should be at the top of the sticky list.

Thank you! It's not as crazy and making your GN charge via solar power or a charging pad, but hey, not everyone is as baller as you my friend :D. I appreciate it!

Also, I will be updating it a bit, either today or tomorrow. I want to give some shout outs to zero's work with radios.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

"baller"?? LOL The Touchstone mod is really cool and all, but I think most people will find that this guide to be more useful. Very informative, well written and useful.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

"baller"?? LOL The Touchstone mod is really cool and all, but I think most people will find that this guide to be more useful. Very informative, well written and useful.

Seriously, I've contemplated doing the Touchstone thing for at least a month straight. I'm terrible with tools, however...lol

And thanks again, I appreciate it :).

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

April 25, 2012 Update - added link to zero neck's awesome radio guide. Having a great guide that covers that topic simply is a major addition to the AC flashing section. In addition, the radio files are hosted in house, and really, that's awesome b/c there's no worse feeling than finding a file that has been taken down, inactive, etc.

Thanks again, zero, for letting me link!

Reactions: zero neck

robertvito

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

I am new to the whole process and your guide made it easy and not nearly as scary as it seemed.

THANK YOU so Much.

As a side note I love your icons for your gmail , sms and such can you tell me how I can get that on mine.....sorry for the noob question.

Again thanks

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I am new to the whole process and your guide made it easy and not nearly as scary as it seemed.

THANK YOU so Much.

As a side note I love your icons for your gmail , sms and such can you tell me how I can get that on mine.....sorry for the noob question.

Again thanks

No problem, I appreciate it!

Those icons are called Metrostation. They were created by a cat named yankoa (or =yankoa, can't really tell lol). They can be found here ==> MetroStation by =yankoa on deviantART.

It's a big file, so you have to go through and pick and choose :).

robertvito

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Awesome. Again. thank you. You weren't kidding it is a huge file. However in my normal impatience that I always seem to have I did a google search and they have the icon pack for free in google play

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...yz.products.metrostation&hl=en&token=aY6cDuLL

I was so stoked.

Thanks again for all your help you have made my phone SOOO much more.

Great Job:)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Awesome. Again. thank you. You weren't kidding it is a huge file. However in my normal impatience that I always seem to have I did a google search and they have the icon pack for free in google play

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...yz.products.metrostation&hl=en&token=eeya8_Br

I was so stoked.

Thanks again for all your help you have made my phone SOOO much more.

Great Job:)

Heh no problem. Wasn't aware of the app, but oh well. I'm glad you enjoy your phone--it's the way God and Andy Rubin intended it :).

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Bump for those seeking some advice for flashing, rooting, etc. :D

rebretz000

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

Awesome help. Unlocked and rooted GNEX saturday. First time diving into this. So far any issue I had has been answered by the AC community. Big thanks to everyone. This is why I'll never go iPhone. I need ROM advice. I want a ROM and kernal to extend battery life. Nothing fancy yet as I am new to this. But I would like my battery to last more than 4 - 5 hours. Any help would be great. I had Liquidsmooth on for a little, but could log into My Verizon or NFL mobile cause I lost my Verizon ID or what ever it is.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Awesome help. Unlocked and rooted GNEX saturday. First time diving into this. So far any issue I had has been answered by the AC community. Big thanks to everyone. This is why I'll never go iPhone. I need ROM advice. I want a ROM and kernal to extend battery life. Nothing fancy yet as I am new to this. But I would like my battery to last more than 4 - 5 hours. Any help would be great. I had Liquidsmooth on for a little, but could log into My Verizon or NFL mobile cause I lost my Verizon ID or what ever it is.

First, thank you--I appreciate it.

For your kernel, it depends on your usage. How do you use your phone? What's the average amount of time you go off charger?

For those two apps, I have no idea how to get them back. I've never used them, so hopefully someone sees this and can help with that issue.