Paranoid Android not compatible with most apps???

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
i just flashed paranoid android and in the market the majority of the apps say that "this version is not compatible with your device" what did i do wtong and what should i do to get these apps. Apps like Instagram Facebook maps...

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
When you change your screen density you get market incompatibility messages a lot, that's what Paranoid does to achieve tablet mode. However I was under the impression that they had a fix for that issue, either in the custom gapps they give you to flash or built into the ROM. I would say read the OP more carefully and see if you missed something, or skim the thread and see if other people had the issue you're having and what they did to resolve it.

Reactions: zero neck

tuna_

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to get rid of this rom, but I thought I'd give a quick search to see if this is fixable because it's such a beautiful rom. You are a life saver, Upstreammiami!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
You can set two different variables for each application within PA - you can set their UI (tablet or phone), and you can set their DPI; so if you want to maintain the tablet look, you can use that UI but mix it with a bigger DPI (e.g. 320, which IIRC is the standard for the phone now) so no issues occur. It's quite neat, but a huge pain if you have a lot of apps.

The only thing I didn't like was the some what delayed, laggy nature of the notification bar. I appreciated the popups, but I felt that the transitions could have been a bit smoother.

tuna_

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if there's a way to make Hulu+ compatible with this rom? It says, "Required DRM not supported [93]."