Google NOW is just a PITA

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I have n7 and google now does everything its supposed to. I get cards for weather, sports, traffic for anything i search on any of my devices, traffic home, recent searches. Did you go to the settings and add all the cards to your google now feed?? Did you make sure everything is at a "high priority"??

Does setting everything as "high priority" get more cards to show up? I left all the priorities as their default settings. I assumed that only affected which cards were shown at the top and which were toward the bottom. Is that true?

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think I've fixed my original issue. (I'm the OP).

But first, answers to your questions. Thanks for all the suggestions...

- Yes, I have a connection to lattitude.
- Yes, I have search history turned on.
- Yes, bluetooth is on, I always have it on.

How did I fix the problem? In my most recent install of CM10 I wiped cache and data. I didn't do a dirty install. Viola! Google Now is very snappy and I no longer get the "initializing" issue. It always recognizes my voice immediately.

Apparently something or some app was interfering with Google Now's performance.

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Make sure that you have web history enabled.

Google Now > Settings > Privacy and Accounts > Manage Web History.

I had mine set to off and nothing would show up except the weather, once I enabled it the rest of the cards started working.
Thanks. This definitely helped in getting my sport cards to show up. It still doesn't seem to learn from my Google Now searches (I assumed it should have) but once I searched my teams on my desktop Chrome, the sport card showed up soon after.

[edit]Just wanted to add that weather and traffic had already originally worked.

Last edited:

grieshmp

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got it working. I'm a student and have to commute to my college. I have the college address in my Google calendar and whenever one of my classes approaches it tells me when I need to leave for class. It has yet to be wrong and always gets me to class on time, if I don't stop for coffee.

zachavm

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I think I've fixed my original issue. (I'm the OP).

But first, answers to your questions. Thanks for all the suggestions...

- Yes, I have a connection to lattitude.
- Yes, I have search history turned on.
- Yes, bluetooth is on, I always have it on.

How did I fix the problem? In my most recent install of CM10 I wiped cache and data. I didn't do a dirty install. Viola! Google Now is very snappy and I no longer get the "initializing" issue. It always recognizes my voice immediately.

Apparently something or some app was interfering with Google Now's performance.

Did you backup/restore any app data? I did a full wipe before installing CM10, but I also restored apps/data (titanium) and texts (SMS back and restore). I'd be fine doing this as long as I could keep my info.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you backup/restore any app data? I did a full wipe before installing CM10, but I also restored apps/data (titanium) and texts (SMS back and restore). I'd be fine doing this as long as I could keep my info.

Yes, I use Tibu to restore my apps and data.