Group Text Messaging for JB - ACHIEVED!

kevlar924

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Now, i don't mean to be needy, but since i've been doing all this group texting I need a way to check who theyre actually going to. (Example, it will say it goes to eric, alex, kara...) and then it will tell me it goes to 7 people but will only show the first 3. If there is a mod to click on the list and see all the recipients that would be awesome!

playa1257

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Now, i don't mean to be needy, but since i've been doing all this group texting I need a way to check who theyre actually going to. (Example, it will say it goes to eric, alex, kara...) and then it will tell me it goes to 7 people but will only show the first 3. If there is a mod to click on the list and see all the recipients that would be awesome!

That's good... I'll look into it.

Zimeron

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
You said you submitted this to AOSP and I'd like to track the progress of it, but I'm not seeing it, can you provide a link?

Thanks.

alienbiker

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
hopefully he is able to reup this all into one commit in to the cm gerrit as well. I looked at the abandoned commits and the comments gave little hints on how to add it as one big commit. looking forward to seeing this added into cm

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have to be that "0ne" I guess..but I'm not getting the revolution here, I can send a text or multimedia to multiple contacts already, what is so different about this find?
EDIT: I figured it out, looks like group texting is where every one can see each others replies. MEh.

Last edited:

Redflea

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Wait, so there isn't a possibility of only having a modified MMS.apk? It needs to be baked into the rom?

Doesn't seem like it, if a change to the database structure is required to do this...if a data wipe is required devs may be hesitant to bake this into their ROMs, unfortunately.

whodatt

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Been waiting for this feature to be available natively for a while now. Hopefully the OP gets it submitted to the various dev teams.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Androjak

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been waiting as well.. I am using a third party SMS app just for the purpose of supporting group sms. WIll be great if / when this becomes a native feature or an add on of sorts.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting as well.. I am using a third party SMS app just for the purpose of supporting group sms. WIll be great if / when this becomes a native feature or an add on of sorts.

So which ROMs have this feature installed? Skank had it removed after one build.

Transmitted by the Google Galaxy Nexus. Jellyfied!

vrvallejo

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you enlighten to what 3rd part app are you using to support group sms?

---------- Post Merged at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Can you enlighten to what 3rd part app are you using to support group sms?

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
The Verizion app does this. It's ugly, but it works. Handcent does it too.

Really would like to see this option in the stock app without having to compile a ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty