CM 10.1 Home Screen Issue

daitsuwamono

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded and installed the first CM 10.1 build, not paying too much and attention and thinking it was just another CM 10 nightly. I never saw the warnings that one shouldn't use the CM Updater to do this, but I was able to figure out how to fix the Clock app issues and install the new gapps without too much trouble. The ROM seems to be working mostly fine now, and I've updated to newer nightlies since, but there's one persistent problem. On the lock screen, the Action Bar appears with a single circular icon in its center. Touching this icon expands a radial menu with a single item--a shortcut to Google Search--which, after the associated animation, appears in exactly the same position as the lock icon. This results in a mutant, hybrid lock-search icon, which is unsightly and hopefully unintended.

I can't find a UI-based way to change the behavior of this lone Action Bar button on the lock screen, or a way to hide it. I tried to clear the Trebuchet data, thinking maybe this was the result of data from the previous version of the launcher being loaded under the new version with bad results, but that just got me a blank home screen. I'd like to know if anyone else using CM 10.1 on a Verizon GNex has this problem, or has had it. It you never had the problem, please share how you installed the ROM; if you've had the problem but solved it, please let us know how. Thanks in advance for any help.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure what you are experiencing is a mistake or error. Let me describe how it works on my phone (also VZW GNex). I use a slide lock screen, so when I turn on my phone, I am greeted with the circle with a lock in it. Below that where the back, home and switcher icons would normally be, there is a single dotted circle that when pressed brings up a circular target overtop of the existing lock icon. If you swipe up, you are brought to Google Now. The Home, Back and Switcher icons are left off by default, as that would defeat the purpose of an unlocking method. I believe this was added as a way to acces Google Now right from the lock screen.

Does your "mutant, hybrid lock-search icon" remain on the screen after you take your finger off?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken you're dirty-flashing right? Time to do a full wipe before flashing the ROM and GApps. Be sure to not restore any system data or data for any GApps, if you're using TiBu.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

daitsuwamono

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
@myriad46:
I understand the functionality of the new lock screen. It's fine that they felt like adding a shortcut to search from the lock screen; it's not fine that the search shortcut icon renders in exactly the same position as the unlock icon, without the unlock icon being displaced or disappearing. If this is also happening on your phone, I'm going to guess that the CM hackers working on the toro branch just haven't gotten around to this issue yet, or somehow haven't noticed it.

@2defmouze:
I tried a clean install of the 1/1/2013 CM 10.1 nightly, then an update to the 1/2/2013 build. The same issue is present in both.

In one of the newer builds, I did catch a brief glimpse of the lock screen rendering differently. The lock icon was rendered lower, in a position that would not cause a visual conflict with the new search icon. However, the display quickly re-screwed itself and put everything back where it shouldn't be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87