zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
uc

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
For my fellow RED fans... so aparently this is the first single off the new album (3/5/2013). The clips I've heard indicate a slight shift in how they sound. This one is kinda meh -- probably more of a top 40 type single then a hard rock single... Hope this isn't the official video for it because after the video they did for "Feed the Machine" I'll be really disappointed if it is.

Anyway,Red - Perfect Life - YouTube

If you like their other stuff, let me know what you think of this one. Personally I think it's kinda "fluffy" considering their previous work... but I'll wait till I hear more

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You've mentioned them enough lately that I've gone on a Red kick. Been listening their stuff on shuffle for a few days now.

That song isn't really my cup of tea, but I'll reserve judgement for the complete album.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
You've mentioned them enough lately that I've gone on a Red kick. Been listening their stuff on shuffle for a few days now.

That song isn't really my cup of tea, but I'll reserve judgement for the complete album.

Yeah, I know what you mean. For me RED is pretty much a fallback if I don't know what I want to listen to. As for the "new sound", I've heard a few times that it's Skillet+Seether+ RED thrown into a blender. Which could be a good thing, but man... I love the classical elements (strings, choral arrangements, etc) they had in the first 3 albums. I hope they continue that!

EDIT: I won't post the link, but search YouTube for "Nothing and Everything" and you'll get a good idea of how good they are with arranging strings :) (Be warned, it is a ballad, very slow but the strings build some wicked intensity into it starting about halfway into the track)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87