[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
It is with the greatest of pain in my heart that I must report to chatter that yesterday my cousin whom I grew up with,and aged only 20 years old rolled his car,and died at the scene. I can't know where this goes...I just want to give him crap yell at him tell him what a fool he was for not wearing his seat belt like ..but that can't happen,I can't tell him anything,ever again...and that hurts so very much..we all told him too. It is not assured that he would have lived had he been wearing his seat belt. However, I can't help but feel he would have. The memorial is sunday and honestly..I will be a bucket of tears all day. I understand that death is a part of life,but that doesn't make it not terrible. And that doesn't make him anything other than far too young to be gone. It's worse than that though. I didn't just lose any cousin, I lost the cousin I was closest too. The one who knew everything of my dark past,and I of his, I don't know what to do,but move forward and maybe that's enough. Maybe just remembering is duty enough. This is gonna be a rough one chatter,and I can only say that...well I don't know what I can say. For now I'm just broken

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It is with the greatest of pain in my heart that I must report to chatter that yesterday my cousin whom I grew up with,and aged only 20 years old rolled his car,and died at the scene... I can't know where this goes...I don't know what to do,but move forward and maybe that's enough. Maybe just remembering is duty enough... I don't know what I can say. For now I'm just broken

1) face your grief. Don't ignore it. It's the only way you find healing after
2) We're all here for you.
3) you and I have talked a bit in the past. Feel free to give me a shout if you want

I can't imagine. But I'll listen.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
It is with the greatest of pain in my heart that I must report to chatter that yesterday my cousin whom I grew up with,and aged only 20 years old rolled his car,and died at the scene. I can't know where this goes...I just want to give him crap yell at him tell him what a fool he was for not wearing his seat belt like ..but that can't happen,I can't tell him anything,ever again...and that hurts so very much..we all told him too. It is not assured that he would have lived had he been wearing his seat belt. However, I can't help but feel he would have. The memorial is sunday and honestly..I will be a bucket of tears all day. I understand that death is a part of life,but that doesn't make it not terrible. And that doesn't make him anything other than far too young to be gone. It's worse than that though. I didn't just lose any cousin, I lost the cousin I was closest too. The one who knew everything of my dark past,and I of his, I don't know what to do,but move forward and maybe that's enough. Maybe just remembering is duty enough. This is gonna be a rough one chatter,and I can only say that...well I don't know what I can say. For now I'm just broken
I'm so sorry to hear that.

My deepest condolences go out to you and your family.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that NIN...

I know, and have felt, the lost of very close relatives and friends.

It's never easy, just remember the great and good things about them.

Cry your heart out so you can get that stress out of your system, for now.
Andrew is right, all of us are here for you.

My condolences to you and your family.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
What do I say? That is a tragedy. Only the good die young, it is true...but those sayings will never cover what has happened. You and the family are in my thoughts as well. I don't pray much, and when I do, the beliefs behind those prayers are in between a hope of someone listening, and agnostically wasting my breath....stay well....

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
What do I say? That is a tragedy. Only the good die young, it is true...but those sayings will never cover what has happened. You and the family are in my thoughts as well. I don't pray much, and when I do, the beliefs behind those prayers are in between a hope of someone listening, and agnostically wasting my breath....stay well....
Thanks man..and ya same here..I know how that feeling goes.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
LG G3 shot in HDR Auto. The only other light in the room was the computer monitor off to the left.

Attachments

• 1419176271172.jpg
    1419176271172.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 14

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have lost a couple of friends over the years, and I lost my mother in August 2013, so while I cannot say that I know your grief, I can say that I understand the feelings.

I will also pray for you and your family.

As others have mentioned, we are here for you, and please know that you can feel free to share as much or as little as you wish, but that we are here to listen and help anyway we can.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your lost ,its always tough and you never really forget them .My condolences to you and the family.
One of my good friends got killed in a single car wreck too around 25 years old.It will always stick in my mind because the night before I had been talking with.He hit a tree ,fell asleep going back home from store.I heard about next day .

Sent from my XT1096

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It's Christmas Eve morning. Later today my family is travelling to my parents to spend a few days there for Christmas. I also get to see my brother and sister-in-law (and their daughter). Its been a few years since I've seen my bro and his family, so I'm just a bit excited. He and I have had a really good friendship, even though/despite us being siblings. He's the kind of guy I'd have as a friend even if we weren't related.

Also, even though it's gonna put a SERIOUS dent in the bank account, I've booked the rest of the week off. I haven't willingly taken this much time off in YEARS. (not counting time off due to lack of work or unemployment). I've gotten so used to working almost every day, with 1 day "weekends" I'm not sure what I'll do with all this time. My bro (an electrician) said he's got a project or 2 he wants to tackle at my parent's place so that will help

Anyway - from me and my family to you and all of yours: MERRY CHRISTMAS. I hope you all find a bit of peace and happiness during what can be a really crazy time.

And @nexusisneecesary: You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
BNA.png

Merry Christmas Chatter :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non