Traffic cards on JB

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
One thing I was really interested in seeing on the Google now was the traffic cards. Has anyone been successful in seeing them? How long does it take to learn home, work, etc. locations?

The weather, sports, local restaurant cards are showing up, but no traffic.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
One thing I was really interested in seeing on the Google now was the traffic cards. Has anyone been successful in seeing them? How long does it take to learn home, work, etc. locations?

The weather, sports, local restaurant cards are showing up, but no traffic.

You have to set your home and work locations in latitude first.

Jellybeanin' on tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't Latitude suck your battery dry? I logged out of this for that reason. I guess for all the extra goodies, you need to sacrifice battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You have to set your home and work locations in latitude first.

Jellybeanin' on tapatalk

Also didn't know that, thx for the hints!

I think some of the Now features aren't quite there just yet, maybe cuz of the preview build aspect? For example I've asked Searchy for yankee updates and loaded yankees.com a million times and I still don't get a card for them in Now either lol :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: oxymoron

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I checked latitude and my home address was correct and my work address was not far off. Is there another reason I am not seeing it?

Not sure, mine seems to work pretty well. Did you change your latitude settings through maps? That's how I did it. Just touch your little icon on the map, and adjust from there.

I think it only shows up at certain times by default. There will probably be more options in the final AOSP builds.
a6fbc43f-eace-ee7b.jpg

Jellybeanin' on tapatalk

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I updated my addresses, so hopefully it will show up soon.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I updated my addresses, so hopefully it will show up soon.

Mine worked today. I set my addresses at lunch and when I opened Google Now on the way home it was there.
I don't know what settings you checked, but make sure you check them on the traffic card settings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
After setting my addresses and leaving it alone for a little bit it started working. Google now and the improved search it so nice. JB is kicking some serious butt!!!

raritybelle

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine is refusing to work. I set my home and work addresses over 5 days ago now and have location history turned on, and it refuses and I mean REFUSES to show the traffic card.

Really starting to get on my nerves now.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Also didn't know that, thx for the hints!

I think some of the Now features aren't quite there just yet, maybe cuz of the preview build aspect? For example I've asked Searchy for yankee updates and loaded yankees.com a million times and I still don't get a card for them in Now either lol :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

For this you need to change your search privacy settings on the web to allow google to record your search history. There's a blog on the forums somewhere about how to do this, I'll either re-write it here or track that down.

After I changed those settings google now put a card for the yankees on my phone after searching for scores only twice.

EDIT: Go to Google in a web browser on your computer
- click the down arrow near your profile picture
- in the pop out box click 'account'
- under services click ' go to web history'
- activate web history for searches (cant remember how to do this, mine is already activated, but its right in here somewhere.)

OH! And also make sure that its not 'paused'

Last edited:
Reactions: 2defmouze

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
okay so now I have a question. How does one sign out of latitude on your phone? I heard that after you set up your home and work locations in latitude your traffic card will continue to work just fine.

Do you just simply go to maps and uncheck latitude from your layers?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine is refusing to work. I set my home and work addresses over 5 days ago now and have location history turned on, and it refuses and I mean REFUSES to show the traffic card.

Really starting to get on my nerves now.
You have to sign into Latitude and set the addresses in there.. have to look around for location history I believe and work from there...

For this you need to change your search privacy settings on the web to allow google to record your search history. There's a blog on the forums somewhere about how to do this, I'll either re-write it here or track that down.

After I changed those settings google now put a card for the yankees on my phone after searching for scores only twice.

EDIT: Go to Google in a web browser on your computer
- click the down arrow near your profile picture
- in the pop out box click 'account'
- under services click ' go to web history'
- activate web history for searches (cant remember how to do this, mine is already activated, but its right in here somewhere.)

OH! And also make sure that its not 'paused'
Lol thanks, was able to figure that out a while ago :)

okay so now I have a question. How does one sign out of latitude on your phone? I heard that after you set up your home and work locations in latitude your traffic card will continue to work just fine.

Do you just simply go to maps and uncheck latitude from your layers?
Not sure, maybe in the Latitude app itself you can sign out.. I've just left it on for now.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You have to sign into Latitude and set the addresses in there.. have to look around for location history I believe and work from there...

Lol thanks, was able to figure that out a while ago :)

Not sure, maybe in the Latitude app itself you can sign out.. I've just left it on for now.

I figured you had probably figured that out, but posted it just in case :)

And if you open the latitude app itself it opens google maps, so I am just going o assume that unckecking that box for latitude did the trick.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It knows my home address and my girlfriends address, and I don't use google latitude (actually, my girlfriends address was just slightly off).. It just seemed to "learn" them, but it originally called my girlfriends "work"... I guess you could say that.

Reactions: itsdollar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38