CWM Restore Backup/Recovery Not Working

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
For some odd reason, by backup/recovery started to act up tonight. My phone decided to get stuck on Google screen today for some odd reason. I decided to restore from a back up I made, and it always fails at recovering the data, which forces me to manually push roms so I can flash and do all this over again. Horrible thing is, I fixed everything up, flashed franco r225 and it got stuck on the Google start up again (perhaps we can knock out two birds with one stone in this post eh?). Is there a reason why its not working? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
For some odd reason, by backup/recovery started to act up tonight. My phone decided to get stuck on Google screen today for some odd reason. I decided to restore from a back up I made, and it always fails at recovering the data, which forces me to manually push roms so I can flash and do all this over again. Horrible thing is, I fixed everything up, flashed franco r225 and it got stuck on the Google start up again (perhaps we can knock out two birds with one stone in this post eh?). Is there a reason why its not working? Thanks in advance.

What ROM are trying to flash into? ICS or JellyBean ROM? If you are trying to boot up onto a backup of a JellyBean ROM, you just need to sit and wait sometimes the Google screen will take a good 10 minutes. I thought mine was messed up too but if you just sit there and let it do its thing it should boot. Also, do you have the Jelly Bean bootloader installed? If so and you are trying to do a backup back to an ICS ROM you will get stuck and you will need to flash the ICS bootloader again (found in Zero's radio thread).

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I had issues trying to flash a nandroid of a JB rom. I switched to TWRP. This seems to work better for me.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am on a jellybean ROM, but the thing is it just fails to restore all together. Maybe I should've waited a good 10 minutes for the kernel flash though. I'm switching to twrp thanks fellas.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am on a jellybean ROM, but the thing is it just fails to restore all together. Maybe I should've waited a good 10 minutes for the kernel flash though. I'm switching to twrp thanks fellas.

Wait the Kernel was taking that long to flash? Something went wrong there. I have never seen a kernel take more than a minute to flash and that would even be considered long to me. Walk through the steps of exactly what you did, maybe there was a step in there that messed something up.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Wait the Kernel was taking that long to flash? Something went wrong there. I have never seen a kernel take more than a minute to flash and that would even be considered long to me. Walk through the steps of exactly what you did, maybe there was a step in there that messed something up.

Oh no the kernel didn't talk long at all to flash. My device wouldn't boot it. That was the only issue.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh no the kernel didn't talk long at all to flash. My device wouldn't boot it. That was the only issue.

O okay lol. Scared me there. Yea if you ever have an issue after flashing a jellybean ROM, or flashing something new on a JB ROM like a kernel and you are at the Google screen just wait. Go get some coffee, food or whatever. This could sometimes take 10 minutes. If you end up staying at the Google screen for much longer than that there might be an issue. Every time I thought I had an issue it was just because I didn't wait long enough for it finish checking the boot partition.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I just don't get it, my phone reboots randomly it doesn't boot back up. Gets stuck at the Google boot. This has to be an issue with my phone.