Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

back_to_oz

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I have Gnex 4.1.2 and have tried all methods to 'install' the new camera and gallery (flashing various zip files, manually moving files and changing all permissions, all apk's and Lib files) however no methods seem to work?

Does anyone have the standard 4.1.2 camera and associated files because at the moment I cannot access the gallery. I would like to go back to stardard until there is a permanent fix.

When looking at the App within the App settings menu the gallery has no size?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the hard work, to those that contributed, and for helping me lose hours of work today.

Flashed the zip with apk and 3 libs. When last apk was released, I moved it, changed permissions, rebooted, and all is working as stated... including the viewer.

This was a great Wednesday.

SuD

PS aokp build 5, Toro.
.. and my favorite Disney princess is now Leia

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Another tip--

When manually pushing, do one at a time. Reboot after each. It might be voodoo, but sometimes voodoo works.

dakunesu

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Another tip--

When manually pushing, do one at a time. Reboot after each. It might be voodoo, but sometimes voodoo works.

or do it right and flush delvik cache to ensure it works? and to those who are asking for original files, modding and you dont back up, kinda your fault.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
or do it right and flush delvik cache to ensure it works? and to those who are asking for original files, modding and you dont back up, kinda your fault.

Don't really need to do that, the dalvik should rebuild automatically for that app upon boot--that's sorta how you know it takes, at least in 4.1.2.

For old files, all you need to do is dirty flash :).

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Is there one file to flash or multiple? I'm on aokp milestone 1 as you are....why the difficulty? Does not compute lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there one file to flash or multiple? I'm on aokp milestone 1 as you are....why the difficulty? Does not compute lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Who knows. I prefer not to flash this stuff, if only b/c I'm really, really anal. I think the best way to do it is to...

1. Manually push/move the camera apk (first post) to the system/app folder in Root Explorer.
  2. Set permissions to RW-R-R.
  3. Reboot
  4. Manually push/move the three lib files (third post) to system/lib.
  5. Set permissions to RW-R-R.
  6. Reboot.
  7. Manually push/move the GsmCore.apk (third post) to system/app.
  8. Set permissions to RW-R-R.
  9. Reboot.
  10. Then you should be good to go. I've done it about 3 times and I've never had anything FC with all of the files in place. I triple check this stuff, hence the delay :).

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
i have the samsung mesmerize. i did everything correct, but when in the photosphere, the box moves incredibly slow. the pictures come out completely borked. im pretty sure my phone has a 3 axis gyro. ive flashed so many of these zips with the same issue. ive done manual pushes too. no dice. any ideas?

Radikal

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
i have the samsung mesmerize. i did everything correct, but when in the photosphere, the box moves incredibly slow. the pictures come out completely borked. im pretty sure my phone has a 3 axis gyro. ive flashed so many of these zips with the same issue. ive done manual pushes too. no dice. any ideas?

is it running 4.1? most are saying if you are not running it, it may not work.