Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Default Status 7 Error when flashing any ROM

Hi folks,

Issue here. Got a new warranty replacement Nexus.

I unlocked bootloader, rooted, CWM recovery.

ANY ROM I try to flash results in a Status 7 error and causes me to have to flash the stock rom/recovery. Tried re doing root and it still does it. Any ideas? It mentions the build.prop in the errors.
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.

Default Re: Status 7 Error when flashing any ROM

Status 7 is normally tied to a bad install script in the ROM.

Make sure your flashing a ROM designed for the Verizon Gnex and your using the most current supported custom recovery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:
    bbudnick5001 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Status 7 is normally tied to a bad install script in the ROM.

Make sure your flashing a ROM designed for the Verizon Gnex and your using the most current supported custom recovery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Exactly this. ROM must specify "toro" or Verizon Gnex... recovery should be the most recent one available. The latest CWM img is here: and latest TWRP is here:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Thanks folks. Yeah I double checked both roms I tried and they were designed for my Nexus. However, I used the tool kit on here to push and install the roms and it worked fine. Installed CM10 and some other rom.

Guessing its an issue with the transfer from my computer to my phone.
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.

Hey, I'm getting a status 7 when I attempt to flash the JDQ39 4.2.2 stock rom over JRO03O 4.1. I'm unlocked and rooted, have the latest version of CWM and it is definitely the right file. Downloaded the file straight from droid-life.

Any other suggestions?

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

I had this problem a few months ago, this is quoted from Muzzy's Rom from XDA that worked for me: I should note that I was flashing Muzzy's Rom, haven't had an issue since.

- If you get a status 7 error flashing a ROM, try making sure SYSTEM is unmounted in 'mount/unmount partitions' menu in recovery.
    ..Thanks to jroid for finding the tip.

Source:
    It's been real...

The install script mounts/unmounts the system automatically, so if you have to do that manually, something is definitely off or it's just a bad script.

Check the MD5 also.

And stop using toolkits

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    The install script mounts/unmounts the system automatically, so if you have to do that manually, something is definitely off or it's just a bad script.

Check the MD5 also.

And stop using toolkits
    I didn't use a toolkit. I unlocked in fastboot and flashed the su zip file in CWM to gain root.

Anyway, I'm still getting a status 7 when the update that came OTA attempts to install so I guess I'm going to have to wipe and go back to square one.