Stuck with rooted or unrooted?

electrik62

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow...I need guidance. About 2 weeks ago my rooted and unlocked gnex running jbsourcery 5.1 stopped being recognized via adb on my computer. Usb debugging was enabled and fast-charge not enabled. The phone will wall charge and usb charge on the same cable (original oem samsung mini-usb). I have re-installed the drivers numerous times, battery pulled, reinserted the simcard, and taken it to Best Buy where it was bought and they checked it with an oem cable but nothing has worked. The problem I've created for myself is I restored my original backup today (seeing if it maybe was a rom issue) that was made with CWM (with subsequent backups created with TWRP) and it appears I may have lost root ?????? I installed Bootunlocker from play store after restoring the original cwm backup to relock the phone but it says I have no root access. Now I can't restore any of my TWRP backups as all I have is fastboot and it just gives me a red triangle over a dead andy icon and still have no adb. Please Help Me!!! All I want to do is either get back to my original rooted state or go back to stock and have the usb issue fixed by BB but it seems like I'm stuck in "no-mans-land". I've learned so much about the android operating system the past couple weeks from research but I've got numerous problems. Right?

cabiggs152

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Try wugs root toolkit. I had the same problem and I was running that ROM I used wugs to return me back to stock then reroot me and now I'm on root box ROM its cm10.1, aokp, and pa all in one ROM with no problems yet. I hope I helped and good luck :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums