Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Will you be getting a Galaxy Nexus?

Voters
913. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yes!

623 68.24%
  • Maybe, I want to see what the reviews are like

175 19.17%
  • Not sure, There are some other cool devices out there.

60 6.57%
  • Probably not. I'll wait for something else/better.

55 6.02%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

Default Now that it's official, What are you doing?

So now that Verizon made our night's sleep a bit easier and officially announced this beauty, what's everyone's plan?

I'm coming from a Venerable Dinc. Aside from it's self-worth issues from being hated on by Phil, it's been a great phone. My only complaint is the (sadly typical) HTC Battery life. I've held off from getting any of the current 4G phones because none of them really impressed me. I'll be getting the nexus on launch day (or the first day I'm off work after launch day)

Why am I excited about it?
    -It's a pure google phone
    -I'm a geek and NFC makes me happy.
    -Ice Cream Sandwich

What about you? Are you going to jump on it, or will you wait to see what the Rezound/RAZR will be like?
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.

Default Re: Now that it's official, What are you doing?

Right now...I am at work responding to your question...What are YOU doing?
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Also coming from the Incredible. So, basically, ditto to everything you said.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.

Still waiting for a GSM version

"Heck Yes" ****but only if I get the 32gb version... since I'm still on a BB-Storm post orig droid death.

Then next year, as soon as a phone launches with a gdamn SD card slot and similar specs I'm jumping to that....

If no 32gb version can be aquired, I'm either holding on to my hated BB storm, or getting the Razor, pending battery life reviews.

I am getting it...I am leaving sprint soon and wanting to go to either verizon or at&t...that being said if verizon gets it first then I am going with them (in the same month don't count) if at&t gets it as well I am going with at&t because I can keep free mobile to mobile with them and their network in my location is better at the moment though verizon has been getting better latley though we still do not have lte towers here but do have hpsa+ towers with att. so I am just waiting for a release date in short.

Probably getting one. It depends how much it will sell for off contract and how much I can get for my Bionic.
    Banned

Nexus is ratty

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Coming from the Dinc myself. Me and the wife will be upgrading I do believe. Can't wait!
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

My OG droid lags like no tomorrow and the power button doesn't work. I really need this phone asap
    roscko likes this.

My OG droid is on it's last legs as well....back button quit working two months ago, used the button app as a workaround, but then the touchscreen started acting possessed

fortunately, i had a squaretrade warranty, and it's working well enough again, i haven't bothered rooting it again knowing that the nexus was right around the corner

Will be putting my Bionic on the selling block. Heres hoping to a nov 10th release date

Gimme that thang... been rocking my x, actually it's been a great phone.

Right now I'm tempted to pick up both the RAZR and the Galaxy Nexus and switch back and forth between the 2 when I feel like it.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 and 4.2

Yeah, I'm all over the Galaxy Nexus. I really can't think of anything that will stop me from getting it. Finally another stock Android device to upgrade to from my Droid 1.

Well, the only thing that can stop me from getting it is if a money situation arises... Aside from that, a Nexus phone on Verizon is basically a dream come true for me.
    "My work is not a piece of writing designed to meet the taste of an immediate public, but was done to last forever." - Thucydides, ancient Greek historian

Heck yes just need to sell my bionic first.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Am currently in my tent in line at the VZW store.

Quote Originally Posted by droidbeat View Post
    Am currently in my tent in line at the VZW store.
    so you've pitched a tent for the galaxy nexus?
    blackbyrd likes this.

No. But in my soul, yes. Perhaps an "occupy Verizon" motif? Maybe we can chant "free Nexy?" For me, this is the emotional thing Matias was going for. Why do I have the sudden urge for an ice cream sandwich?
    shanghai likes this.

I'm definitely getting it. I've been waiting for a nexus device on vzw since the
    nexus one came out. And why are at&t customers and the company calling hspa+ 4G.? It's technically only really fast 3g.

I have a Droid Incredible and am eligible for upgrade in February. Verizon would of let me upgrade early to the iPhone 4S so I assume they will do the same here.

How do I go about selling my DINC? Do I have to buy the Nexus Directly from Verizon or can I get a better deal elsewhere? I have unlimited Data still so I do not want to lose this. Any help would be appreciated.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Android Revolution HD 2.1.2

I was gonna get the Nexus, but I'll wait til January and see what the CES has in store. What the hell, it's only 2 months

I definitely plan on getting it. It's the first phone that has really impressed me. Ready to put the Droid Incredible to rest.
    I'm not sure what may come out in the next few months, but I think I will still be happy with this device.
    Since it's a Nexus device, I won't have to worry about trying to root it and strip it down so it can run faster.
    Even if other phones came out, they would be bloated up, and I would be trying to find ways to remove it.
    Also, knowing I will receive the most recent updates without delay is a plus as well.
    It seems as though quite a few techies will be getting it themselves. I bet the development for this phone will be awesome.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Android Revolution Hd

Quote Originally Posted by droidbeat View Post
    No. But in my soul, yes.
    Didn't quite get the joke...

I'm doing the same thing I was before, waiting.

holding out for the HTC HOLIDAY, at AT&T
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast