Now that it's official, What are you doing?

Will you be getting a Galaxy Nexus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Still thinking 4G continues to be a battery vampire and with these phones getting physically larger, so do the extended batteries. I don't think the tech and battery efficiency are "there" yet but probably will be in the next year. Basically, the hardware needs to catch up with the capabilities. I'd rather wait for that, then lock in for two years with this round of 4G chips and batteries. We're probably just one generation away from efficient 4G chips and better batteries.

You're probably right about being a generation away from more efficient 4g chips. That's probably going to be close to a year though. By then, I can just upgrade to the next Nexus assuming Verizon gets it. As far as battery tech, I wouldn't hold your breath. There hasn't been a major improvement in a really long time and I really don't expect one any time soon. I'm going to sell my D3 and get the Nexus. It'll be nice to get updates in a timely manner for once. Motorola has too many bugs with their software.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Definitely the only phone I’ve seen that might be worth moving on from my Fascinate, which with the right ROM installed is a great device. I’ll have to wait to see what the what the forums here look like once it’s in people’s hands before I spend any $$ on it tho.
So… we don’t have 4G where I live and probably won’t for a year, have you seen Verizon’s coverage map in Oregon?! Will this phone will be far superior on the 3G network?!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44