Galaxy Nexus Web Site Only Release on November 21st?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Nexus Web Site Only Release on the 21st?

Ridiculous...come on Verizon. It's time for some official word!

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

the 21st is bad news.. web only would be fine with me though.

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Come on it's just a few more days.

Some retailers in Europe are seeing delays to the 21st as well.

mobile_phreak

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

It doesn't matter much to me as I probably won't redeploy back to the states until mid-December. However, strictly from a business standpoint, Verizon's going to be shooting themselves in the foot if this bad boy isn't in stores by Black Friday.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

Verizon loves toying with us but they are beginning to look like they have no idea how to launch a phone. That or they really don't want many people buying this phone. Verizon does hate hackers. But if they sell this online only that might just be Verizon sales. Maybe Bestbuy and Costco will still sell them in stores.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

Yea, online only through Verizon doesn't match up with the latest Costco leak.

Err.....I hope this isn't the case. Like that link states though, it's similar to how the other Nexus phones were launched, except for that one time Best Buy deal.

EDIT: Kellex makes a good point in the comment thread of that link:

kellex 13 minutes ago in reply to chris125

"Could have. It wouldn't be super surprising either. Everything I'm seeing, even as of today, shows that promos for the device are really not starting until after Thanksgiving weekend. So there is a chance it could be web-only for a week, and then they get them in stores after Black Friday."

I can see that happening for sure. Maybe the 21st is when pre-orders start..?? Either way, I'll get the device. If I can order it and have it shipped next day then I think that will be awesome. To be honest, I don't care to venture out to ANY of the stores during Black Friday, especially just for a phone.

Last edited:

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I am just gonna wait and see what happens, this is starting to remind me of the way they are bringing Yuengling beer into my part of Ohio. First it was supposed to be the last week of October, then the date got moved to the first week in November, and now they are saying there is a distribution issue and we may not get it until the end of the month.

nucubs

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Unless I'm missing something, "w/o" means "week of," not "web-only."

This is the closest phone launch I've followed, but I've never seen "w/o" used to refer to a web-only launch.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Wonder how long would it take to ship if purchased online on the 21st?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Unless I'm missing something, "w/o" means "week of," not "web-only."

This is the closest phone launch I've followed, but I've never seen "w/o" used to refer to a web-only launch.

B'leeve the Poster said the Tipster emphasized it meant 'web only'.

nucubs

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

B'leeve the Poster said the Tipster emphasized it meant 'web only'.

Was that in the comments? The post just seems to imply that two people misinterpreted it. The 21st is also a Monday, which is the day of the week used when using "week of."

Unless Verizon frequently says "w/o xx/xx" to refer to web-only launches, which I don't believe they do, nobody is going to read that and think anything but "week of." Verizon wouldn't word things so poorly in a document meant to inform employees on launch dates.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Was that in the comments? The post just seems to imply that two people misinterpreted it. The 21st is also a Monday, which is the day of the week used when using "week of."

Unless Verizon frequently says "w/o xx/xx" to refer to web-only launches, which I don't believe they do, nobody is going to read that and think anything but "week of." Verizon wouldn't word things so poorly in a document meant to inform employees on launch dates.
"Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Nexus launching via “web only” on November 21? According to the roadmap we just received and word from a source, that appears to be the case."
Whoever sent in that leak said w/o means web only. Let's hope they're wrong lol

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

Yea, I'm really hoping for a miss-communication here. W/O usually means "week of." Still, if it's week of, does it launch the 22nd...23rd...Black Friday....WHEN VERIZON!? WHEN!?

Scumbag Verizon.

Reactions: jschriesheim

whartpence

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

I would normally think that w/o means "week of" which would mean they aren't sure of the exact date yet, only that it will be that week. That may be the case. However, all of the other phones have dates that appear to be firm without "w/o". Even the phones being released in December. So how is it that they have firm dates for every phone except the Nexus? I think w/o does mean web-only in this case. I'll be ordering mine and looking for it the next day.

I do hope they offer it in store at some point though. I hope the phone sells well so that Verizon gets future Nexus phones. They don't need this exclusive deal though. I wish they would launch Nexus phones on all of the big carriers and on the same day.

Last edited:

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

to me, out of everything that was leaked...this seems like the one that is fake. It doesn't make since with Sams and Cosco info.