Just maybe a release date. Nexus verizon

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Where has Phil been today? Two VERY big dates show up online and he has nothing for us? Arg.

Now they are reporting w/o 21st as the solid date from corporate meetings today (w/o meaning "week of" starting Monday) over at AF per forum member HanSolo.

Any conformation, Phil???

NotJoshua

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
The FCC just approved the Galaxy Nexus today for Verizon. I'm personally saying before the end of the month or December 2nd was a date I also heard.

I'm normally really in the loop to devices being dropped. However, they are doing very well on keeping everyone out of the loop.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
The FCC just approved the Galaxy Nexus today for Verizon. I'm personally saying before the end of the month or December 2nd was a date I also heard.

I'm normally really in the loop to devices being dropped. However, they are doing very well on keeping everyone out of the loop.

FCC approved it quite some time ago. If you want to be technical of when the docs showed up though, it was yesterday.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Guys watch the verge? Designer of android or ics mentioned a November date soo Dec speculation out?
Plus he got bombed about the face unlock feature lol <- reason of delay?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, some people are more inclined to luck than us.
Twitter / DroidForums.net: Galaxy Nexus Pre-orders Be ...
Click to view quoted image

*customized tapatalk signature*

My 3rd leg just sprang to life & my beanbag is turning blue w/ anticipation. If this is true po form, not a printout from a in house system test of some sory, heck, even if it is. Launch is truly imminent and a Dec. release is almost inconcievable. Barring the apocolypse, 11/28 is the latest date, it'll be on store shelves. For the first time outta my mouth, expect a press release, in the near future, folks. Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
My 3rd leg just sprang to life & my beanbag is turning blue w/ anticipation. If this is true po form, not a printout from a in house system test of some sory, heck, even if it is. Launch is truly imminent and a Dec. release is almost inconcievable. Barring the apocolypse, 11/28 is the latest date, it'll be on store shelves. Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

You weren't here for the Thunderbolt preorders were you. I can tell.

http://www.androidcentral.com/preorder-htc-thunderbolt-today-best-buy-50

It launched a month later.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to go knock on my grandma's head stone and see if she can give us a date. She was a very knowledgeable old lady and was able to see the future. Once I get back from cemetery I'll start a whole new thread with my findings also.

mine was too, great idea!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
My 3rd leg just sprang to life & my beanbag is turning blue w/ anticipation. If this is true po form, not a printout from a in house system test of some sory, heck, even if it is. Launch is truly imminent and a Dec. release is almost inconcievable. Barring the apocolypse, 11/28 is the latest date, it'll be on store shelves. For the first time outta my mouth, expect a press release, in the near future, folks. Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Calm down it means absolutely NOTHING. All that means is he has a spot reserved for him WHEN it comes. If this was from a corp. store then it would mean a lot more. But it's very obvious it's from a reseller. You people will get excited over the littlest thing now. I know we're all very excited that we finally get a Nexus on VZW but this is truly nothing to get fired up about.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You weren't hear for the Thunderbolt preorders were you. I can tell.

http://www.androidcentral.com/preorder-htc-thunderbolt-today-best-buy-50

It launched a month later.

Tbolt wasn't a debut device. This is a triad partnership device, my friend. They already carried their products in house. It's got diddly squat to do with your release example. This is a debut release, about as covert a release process, as Verizon will ever get, Tbolt was anything but that.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
LOLWUT? It was their launch 4G device.

So I would say thats a debut.

Its totally relevant. The preorders were a month before the phone ever saw the light of day.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Tbolt wasn't a debut device. This is a triad partnership device, my friend. They already carried their products in house. It's got diddly squat to do with your release example. This is a debut release, about as covert a release process, as Verizon will ever get, Tbolt was anything but that.

LOL wow....... all I can say is wow.......... good one there chief that made total sense.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Calm down it means absolutely NOTHING. All that means is he has a spot reserved for him WHEN it comes. If this was from a corp. store then it would mean a lot more. But it's very obvious it's from a reseller. You people will get excited over the littlest thing now. I know we're all very excited that we finally get a Nexus on VZW but this is truly nothing to get fired up about.

I get your point but they also do test runs like this in both auth. & prem. retailers just to see how the system works between the retailers and distribution centers. I'd be ecstatic if it was corp. form, not happy. You may be right, as well, but they often do "false" pre orders to see if there are any kinks & everything is firing on all cylinders leading into a new release. Don't be so narrow minded about the process.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Nah I'm very excited to get this phone.
Just as bad as anyone else. I even drive my wife crazy about it.
I'm hearing people are able to preorder? Then again I saw Droid life's tweet so. Tomorrow will be either a bust or one heck of a day..

Well at least you are still here, answering questions and have not disappeared. That give me a little hope. Thanks for the info.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe