What's your backup plan?

Choose your own adventure! (Read below first)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I read it the first time. December 5 is less than a month away! That's imminent to me.

We know it's coming. We know how much it'll be and how it'll work. So what if it's three weeks of no more news? We only need to know when we can buy it... and then we will buy it.

I don't think anyone knows for sure how much it will be.

I will wait, there's nothing else I can do but, wait. I have thought about getting the GSM version from the Uk and switching back to T-mobile.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I'm not getting the GSM version is LTE. Assuming that AT&T's rollout of LTE is steady, it should be a good ways along this time next year. I don't want to buy a phone that won't be able to take advantage it.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I'll just keep doing what I've been doing. Nice phone but it's not going to change my life, fortune or health. Lets face it, its just a phone and within days of release we'll see an onslaught of negative comments. Shortly after that we'll have an announcement of yet some other phone that will make this last years model. And within 6 months this will long forgotten and the must have phone to have because after all it doesn't really do anything different than what mist of us do today with their current phones. Back up plan??? Lets get real and chill folks... this isn't the next coming.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to pick up a Galaxy Note (and pop in my AT&T SIM) to keep me entertained for a bit. Then when the VZW Gnex hits the streets, I will get that it will feel spectacularly small after using a GNote for several weeks.

Reactions: ardabey

whartpence

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I already took action. I love webos but my Pre2 was giving me problems making calls so I used my upgrade to get a Dinc2 since it was cheap, is a world phone, and is smallish. My mother's line has an upgrade at the end of November that I will use for the GN. Since the GN is not a world phone, hopefully I can easily switch back and forth between the 2 phones whenever I travel.

By the way, even though it doesn't have ICS, I am loving this Dinc2. Webo - what?

Last edited:

zenit#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
if galaxy nexus comes locked/full of bloat, I will go with a phone from people who do locked phones right - apple iphone 4s. They seem to be the only people out there who are capable of keeping their products protected from verizon's bs.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Plan A) Buy it on Monday.
Plan B) Buy it on Tuesday
Plan C) Buy it on Wednesday
Plan D) Buy it on Thursday
Plan E) Buy it on Friday .... Drink
Plan F) Hydrate from Hangover....Buy it on Saturday
Plan G) Buy it on Sunday

Plan H) Repeat Plan A proposal.

If Galaxy Nexus is 16GB only then I'll have to seen when all other manufacturers are getting ICS.

Lol, if you can't wait til December 8th or beyond, then I wonder what kind of kid you were growing up? Did mommy not buy you that action figure? STOMP STOMP STOMP on floor.

If you need a phone now, just buy something and return it, verizon extended their return policy for the holidays.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Lol, if you can't wait til December 8th or beyond, then I wonder what kind of kid you were growing up? Did mommy not buy you that action figure? STOMP STOMP STOMP on floor.

I hate when people think they're clever when they use this reasoning.
"Omg you're excited about something and getting impatient? LOL at you not being an avatar of patience such as I."

Pic related, it's obviously dammitcubs and his holy endurance.
ghandi-quotes.jpg

Reactions: ardabey

Deathshead

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: What's you backup plan?

If December passes in its entirety without a release, Apple will have sold another White iPhone 4S 32GB.

The Rezound? HTC's battery life = crap . .5" thick. (Half an inch!)

Razr? I'm a Droid X user. F&^k you Motorola. You'll never get another dollar from me. Plus I think the Razr is ugly besides the thinness.

Droid X since first blurry cam leaks appeared here..

I think I can safely speak for *MOST* Droid x owners who have had their devices since July 15th 2010.

After owning the Droid x this long, as different as the Razr Is to the Droid x, its still too similar to it and at this point we are sick and tired of our trusty Dx's.

We are sick of Motorola, sick of the crappy slow camera,sick of holding out for a bootloader unlock.
And sick of spending since July 2010 to get RID of blur.

Who wants to buy a Razr and play this game for another 2 years? spending more time dicking around with the device loading a new rom every few days than actually USING it?>

That being said, For us DX guys, it seems as though the Nexus is the only device that can live up to replacing the good old Droid x.
The resound? updated thunderbolt-fat, looks like any other HTC phone,
Razr- locked bootloader, sick of motorola, crappy screen.

Another thing to point out, Since ICS is going to on-screen navigation buttons, to me anyway all new handsets that have nav buttons seem very last-gen..
I think in the next few months we will see these start to go away.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I might just look for a new ROM to flash on my Droid X. Mix things up a bit. (suggestions?)
Best ROM I've used on my DX so far is SSX2.2. I used to run SS on my OG before I got the DX as well. It's cyanogenmod with "enhancements". I use unthemed since I'm not super fond of the blue in the themed. Themed has more transition animations though.

As for the topic.... the waiting doesn't concern me. The lack of a 32gb version on Verizon does. I currently have a 32gb card in my DX, and am maxed out. I use cloud services for media occasionally, but not exclusively. I live in a semi-rural area and need many files stored natively for that reason. If it's 16gb only on Verizon, I will pass.

Things such as search within apps, and proper USB mass storage support will be addressed in updates I'm sure.... but will annoy the hell out of me before they are.

At this point, if I had to pick another device it would be the Rezound. I like Moto, but I'm a bit "flash happy" and unlocked bootloaders make that an easier task. Am digging 2nd-init ROMs on the DX, but it's still not the same. The OG was a breeze to flash.

Condensed version of above:
I don't mind waiting, but other factors may sway me toward the Rezound because it may better suit my needs ultimately.

*customized tapatalk signature*

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I guess since I cant use Verizon's 14 day return policy I am going to go buy a Razr at bestbuy.. and if the nexus comes out in the next 30 days and I'm unhappy with my Razr I will use their exchange policy and switch to the nexus.

The only downside of this I see is that If I do end up not liking the Razr I wont beable to do an online purchase of the Nexus, I will have to wait for it to be stocked by bestbuy which might not happen on the initial launch day.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If and only if it comes with 16 GB's I will pass on it and get the RazR. December 8th is my last day of Waiting!!! I am starting to have Bionic flashbacks!!!:confused:

btrfly0823

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Been sitting on my upgrade since September since I wanted to wait for the Nexus to come out. But, I've had it! Just went out and got 2 x HTC Rezounds. WTG Google/Samsung/Verizon. You lost 2 sales here plus I'm sure many many MANY more people are doing the same.

With the holiday return policy I MAY return the Rezounds for Nexus phones but dunno if the $70 restocking fees will be worth is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87