Samsung Galaxy Nexus vs Samsung Galaxy SII (S2) [Camera Test]

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
That is VERY encouraging. I do believe the "bad photos" that many of the early reviews have reported were due to over exuberance on the part of the individuals trying to do the zero shutter lag shots without regard to camera shake. In other words...I think the hardware capability was too good for the users. The users needed to know how to use the hardware properly. This is my opinion, as a semi-pro photographer.

PowerThroughLove

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Clearly a different lens. The colors are much more muted on the Nexus. I really dont get why the couldnt just use the same lens, even if they needed to cut it down to 5 megapixels :/

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I saw these pictures, but then realized that I have never seen the actual areas and objects they are depicting, so I can't tell if the colors are muted or more close to natural.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm nuts (I'm probably nuts) but the vibrance on the SII was more appealing to me.

Of course I'm sure there's a setting within the phone to oversaturate the pics from the Nexus.

...Honestly I won't be happy until someone makes a screen that can beam the colors into my eyes with lasers.

aggiechase37

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The lowlight pics on the gnex are clearly superior. This settles it for me. Especially when I get some of my third party software into the mix. HDR + and night camera (both from the same company) give me great results on my DROID 3 already. So now looks like the only thing I am going to miss is this spectacular physical keyboard.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The low light pics were indeed better, however most of the daylight pics compared to the GS2 sucked. The colors from the GS2 were deeper as well as the image themselves much sharper. It seems the camera on the Nexus takes mostly blurry out of focus pics. Kinda sucks too being as I want this phone and generally use it to take pics since its always on me. I had high hopes it would take stellar pics since they didnt go with the standard 8mp camera. Everyones biggest statement was the MP doesnt matter its the sensor. Well clearly they did not put as good as one in the Nexus as they did the GS2

mlb2305

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Did some of you actually read the writer's final paragraph? He clearly states that the Nexus pics displayed the natural color of the images shot. If some of you want to saturate with more color go ahead in editing but to think that oversaturation means the camera is better on the SII is just wrong.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm nuts (I'm probably nuts) but the vibrance on the SII was more appealing to me.

Of course I'm sure there's a setting within the phone to oversaturate the pics from the Nexus.

...Honestly I won't be happy until someone makes a screen that can beam the colors into my eyes with lasers.

your not nuts. well maybe you are, i actually dont know! but, peoples eyes would naturally be drawn to an oversaturated picture. it is like looking at TVs at bestbuy. they crank contrast and brightness up to draw you in. it appears to have more "snap". i dont know if you have ever seen an ISF calibrated TV but side by side to floor model settings most people would first pick non calibrated set. the calibrated display is set up for color accuracy, not snap. looking at the yellow tree, i doubt it glows in the dark like the SGS2 photo would lead you to believe!

i would say looking at those photos, the gnex definitely holds its own and accells at some things!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The outside pictures from the SGS2 are all slanted to the left, is that the guy taking the pictures or the lens making some kind of half fish eye lens thing going on?

armin3000

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the authors didn't configured cameras well. I haven't these phones but I think that macro photos are much better in SGSII. The low light photos should be taken in Night Mode in S II to have a fairly comparison. What do you think? What is your best experience with night photos in S2?

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know the aperture of the lens of the Nexus?

I think its 2.4 but don't quote me on that. Honestly I like both but the nexus has an edge for me because I like my pics to look exactly the way I see them

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa