"We have seen the enemy and he is us."

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
The pending release of the Galaxy Nexus is causing a ton of angst ..... but when it comes down to it, much of the angst being generated is coming from us not the powers that be.

I'm certainly not trying to white wash VZW... they are "guilty" of many things.... but nothing has been uttered by them that can hold them responsible for what is perceived as fiasco on any account.

Folks.. its us that is causing the fiasco. Want proof? Take a look at some of the thread titles in this forum:

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be the last Verizon Phone I'll own!

I emailed ALL of these vzw exec's. Will you? Voice your opinion!

The phone is ready, it's just.....

11/21/2011: VZW Nexus (Unconfirmed)

why do phone makers keep launching on verizon?

How to email the President of Verizon with your complaints.

What's your backup plan?

Enough!!!

Was the Gnex launch screwed up? Who's to blame?

Redditor seems legit, seems to validate a post 11/28 launch

December 8 in latest picture twist

Available online Monday, in stores Black Friday

I really dont think it is going to be the 21st

I could go on and on.... but I think you get my point.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm certainly not trying to white wash VZW... they are "guilty" of many things.... but nothing has been uttered by them that can hold them responsible for what is perceived as fiasco on any account.

Are people finally reaching the Kubler-Ross stage of acceptance?

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
kumbaya.JPG

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Opinions are like assholes, we've all got one, including you.

No one but those inside Verizon know why they haven't released the phone. Personally, I think they bought the exclusive for the sole reason of holding it back as long as possible. But before I go off the deep end I'll wait for the truth to come out. Assuming we can identify it mixed in with all the other bull .

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I think Kilofox's commentary that we at times create our own expectations (and are then dissapointed when they aren't met) is probably true, but at the same time, we don't need an official announcement to be disappointed. Verizon has simply not carried a Nexus device, and are now behind the 8-ball on the Galaxy Nexus. Verizon chose not to carry the Nexus One and Nexus S (mostly out of spite), and don't really deserve any leeway here. They need to get an unbloated Nexus device out the door (or at least announced if they're still bug-squashing) pronto, or else they deserve our scorn until they do so.

I get that this is creating drama on the side of us the consumers, but at the same time it's also creating pressure on the supplier. If we don't, who will? Free markets don't work if there isn't some sort of pressure on companies, and Verizon's history shows ample need for that pressure to be applied. So I say give them all the drama consumers feel is deserved - if they don't address our concerns, they risk losing customers.

BTW, my Droid X is acting up something awful the last couple weeks. If Verizon can't get a decent device out before it dies I'll just import a GSM Galaxy Nexus and dump my contract. I like having a real phone more than I like 4G.

Verizon needs to put up or shut up.

GTX1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
IT'S A PHONE.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this. People around here seems to feel like Verizon is against the wall here and they have no where to go.

Are you kidding? What law states they have to release this phone at all? None. Do you think the customer does? No, the customer doesn't, it would just be a moronic business move to keep delaying or canceling the phone. You emailing these people shows you care and that is cute, but whatever plan they have up there is exactly what they are going to do. You do not matter. You really don't.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Are you kidding? What law states they have to release this phone at all? None. Do you think the customer does? No, the customer doesn't, it would just be a moronic business move to keep delaying or canceling the phone. You emailing these people shows you care and that is cute, but whatever plan they have up there is exactly what they are going to do. You do not matter. You really don't.

As much as I want a Nexus on Verizon, I think it'd be so hilarious if they decided to cancel their plans to carry it. I can honestly picture a mob of geeks storming the Verizon headquarters with torches and pitchforks.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
IT'S A PHONE.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this. People around here seems to feel like Verizon is against the wall here and they have no where to go.

Don't take the nonsense so seriously it's just a bunch of people venting and lashing out feably, mind you, at a situation they can't control. Nothing more than that, their heart attacks are of the Fred Sanford variety, 'Lizbeth I'm coming for ya", drama, more comedic than serious. Sit tight, let em run like headless chix and it'll all be over before you know it.