Verizon will call it the Nexus Prime !

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
i just went into best buy mobile and they showed me a buyers guide that will be released dec. 1. it shows the nexus prime to ve available under 2 yr contract for 299. it doesnt list any specs so the phone could be slightly different.

ad states the following:

"Combine the best features you love from honeycomb and gingrebread os and you get the ice cream sandwich (android 4.0). More customization and faster ways to get new features like 3d maps, voice search and commands, and google +"

2 year plan 299
2 year upgrade 299
2 year add a line 299
no contract 799

Click to view quoted image

I also remember when bestbuy said the thunderbolt was coming February 14. FAIL

That launch made me a skeptic. I wont believe anything until Verizon says it.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Anyone notice the big giant asterisk that say's "World's first Playstation Certified Smartphone" and has it on both the GN and the Rezound?

The Xperia Play is probably right under that. Looks like a label beside the asterisk similar to how the others have New

lol looks like we all came to that conclusion at the same time

dodgersrgood

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
And don't forget about the Thunderbolt. They had an ad saying it was available what a month prior to the actual launch?

Right. I wouldnt really trust bb especially after they told people they could pick up their pre ordered thunderbolts before vzw even knew when it was coming out

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Can you give us a preview of wednesday's ad?

i don't go back in to work until wednesday. lol. I will probably be away from this madness for a few days. I have to go in to work at 1145 Thanksgiving night. and don't get off until 515 friday evening. For those counting at home, that's 17 1/2 HOURS! lmfao. I hope you crazy bastards enjoy your savings! lol

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Please allow myself to quote ... myself. :p

OK. So, Best Buy doesn't exactly have a spotless record when it comes to Photoshop blunders. (See Exhibit 1, Exhibit 2 and Exhibit 3.) But the "Nexus Prime"-- the unofficial code name for the Galaxy Nexus that we all worked with for months -- has been seen in Best Buy's internal systems before, which might or might not mean anything here.

I'm betting just a BB SNAFU.

albertgeorge

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this must be a mistake. Sometimes these flyers are made up to six weeks in advance. Six weeks ago there was still a lot of confusion about the name of the device.

Six weeks ago there wasnt any pics of a rezound without the case on it either, yet they seemed to get one..

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Six weeks ago there wasnt any pics of a rezound without the case on it either, yet they seemed to get one..

I'm not sure what a picture has to do with anything. Anyway...

These flyers are made weeks in advance and the name wasn't official on this device until mid-October. Looks like someone at Best Buy made a mistake.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

These flyers are made weeks in advance and the name wasn't official on this device until mid-October. Looks like someone at Best Buy made a mistake.

Because if there were no pictures of the rezound where do you think they got one when noone else had one.... I'll make it easy for you starts with a V.....N

albertgeorge

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Uhh, If the flyer was made weeks in advanced, how the did they get a picture of a rezound on the flyer, when there was none available. Your stupid. Pay attention next time.

Reactions: kath00 and Premium1

sw33tooth

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
i just went into best buy mobile and they showed me a buyers guide that will be released dec. 1. it shows the nexus prime to ve available under 2 yr contract for 299. it doesnt list any specs so the phone could be slightly different.

ad states the following:

"Combine the best features you love from honeycomb and gingrebread os and you get the ice cream sandwich (android 4.0). More customization and faster ways to get new features like 3d maps, voice search and commands, and google +"

2 year plan 299
2 year upgrade 299
2 year add a line 299
no contract 799

albertgeorge

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

To get both pictures, article had to be created at least early november to get rezound release and nexus release, if it was early november, galaxy nexus was set in stone, how do they goof that up.

Reactions: Premium1

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
To get both pictures, article had to be created at least early november to get rezound release and nexus release, if it was early november, galaxy nexus was set in stone, how do they goof that up.

Or... all the copy was completed long before the images were available. I'm a coordinator in a marketing department. The copy is usually completed long before all the graphic work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89