The Officially Official Verizon Rep "Source" Thread

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
HOLY THUNDERBOLT RELEASE FLASH BACK! :eek:

reps dont know anything.. believe me we spent months harassing vzw reps. all they know is what we do,nothing but the rumors. until VZW corp does a press release its not coming.
with the thunderbolt vzw posted the press release the day before the launch.

i know its hard but it will be released..well when its released.

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
HOLY THUNDERBOLT RELEASE FLASH BACK! :eek:

reps dont know anything.. believe me we spent months harassing vzw reps. all they know is what we do,nothing but the rumors. until VZW corp does a press release its not coming.
with the thunderbolt vzw posted the press release the day before the launch.

i know its hard but it will be released..well when its released.

LOL, I wouldn't say we reps know "nothing", but we certainly aren't hiding information, or we aren't forced to be tight lipped about anything. We haven't been given any date for a pre sale or official on sale date.

I've been with the company over 5 years, and have seen this nonsense over phone releases before, but the circus this phone is creating has to top them all. "Occupy Verizon". I see a petition that someone posted. I'm reading the threats on Facebook, which I read during every major phone release, regarding going to another carrier over a phone release? My experiences with customers in the wireless industry are some of the most unbelievable in my 21 years of working full time. The venom and anger generated by a phone not being released is so childish. And as usual, it's people getting upset when Verizon Wireless hasn't even given a date for release.

mysterx

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Reposting here from another thread:

I found a rumor on another site posted by a mod named Steven58 (guy named Steven58) who has a source suggesting the possibility of a 2012 release of the GN. Apparently big red is pondering whether there is some value of pushing the GN sales to Q1 2012 to make the bean counters happy.

If this rumor pans out, then I think I'll sit on the sidelines until after CES to see what is on the horizon (read: 2nd gen LTE radios and more efficient screens like AH-IPS to improve battery life). Because by 2012, the GN becomes MUCH more obselete imo. :'(

-me

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Just walked into a store to show my bro the razr, so I thought id ask.

This guy is wearing a Droid shirt

Me: hey any news about the galaxy nexus
Him: what nexus it does exist
Him: its been trying to come out for like a year
Me: no the galaxy nexus
Him: does not exist, just buy an iPhone and be happy
Me: so dec 8th doesn't ring any bells?
Him: kinda nods and walks away

So there you go this phone does not exist

Kinda funny

wtf did I just try to read?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I found a rumor on another site posted by a mod named Steven58 (guy named Steven58) who has a source suggesting the possibility of a 2012 release of the GN. Apparently big red is pondering whether there is some value of pushing the GN sales to Q1 2012 to make the bean counters happy.

If this rumor pans out, then I think I'll sit on the sidelines until after CES to see what is on the horizon (read: 2nd gen LTE radios and more efficient screens like AH-IPS to improve battery life). Because by 2012, the GN becomes MUCH more obselete imo. :'(

-me

They can ponder all they want but they are already that creates a huge backlash. They ain't that stupid.

Kimura

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Went to return my razr before my time ran out so I could get the nexus instead and the rep said the phone should be out Dec 8. His reasoning was the fact that they have the model already (the plastic one, not an actual nexus). When I bought the razr another rep didn't know anything about the nexus but the guy I spoke with yesterday had been following the situation very closely. The rep was also waiting to return his razr. Add to rumor mill.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

-me

He followed up to that 2012 rumor as saying it's more of a contingency plan if anything major (unacceptable bugs) pop up during final testing. There's always going to be a backup plan.

Reactions: mysterx

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
He followed up to that 2012 rumor as saying it's more of a contingency plan if anything major (unacceptable bugs) pop up during final testing. There's always going to be a backup plan.

Or in other words... prepare for a January release.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I wouldn't say we reps know "nothing", but we certainly aren't hiding information, or we aren't forced to be tight lipped about anything. We haven't been given any date for a pre sale or official on sale date.

I've been with the company over 5 years, and have seen this nonsense over phone releases before, but the circus this phone is creating has to top them all. "Occupy Verizon". I see a petition that someone posted. I'm reading the threats on Facebook, which I read during every major phone release, regarding going to another carrier over a phone release? My experiences with customers in the wireless industry are some of the most unbelievable in my 21 years of working full time. The venom and anger generated by a phone not being released is so childish. And as usual, it's people getting upset when Verizon Wireless hasn't even given a date for release.

The people who are on here are pissed because Verizon isn't talking and continues week after week not to talk......this is where the problem lies. And they know the reason Verizon isn't talking is because they know that if Verizon gives a date then people may not want the bloat phones and wait for the GN. These same "childish" consumers spend a lot of money with Verizon. I would agree that they are childish if this was 2 weeks after the phone was announced but its not....its now over a month. This phone is released over seas with more releases every couple of weeks. So, keep in mind that these "childish" tech geeks in this forum help you have a job, especially when they buy phones as often as they do.

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I am a store manager for big red indirect and I spoke with my dm about the nexus and he has access a little more than I do as to what is shipping in my store. At this point I have no accesories and no demo. My good vud is a corporate store mgr and he has no info either on occasion he finds things out a day quicker than I do but again he has no phones or related product and he runs a A store. My water damaged x is so bad I have icons that show a question mark but I refuse to pay 100 for insurance since I was hoping the nexus will come out soon. If my phone dies and I do a insurance claim I will wait for a quad core.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You know what vzw can say phone released Thurs but for some reason there is a bug that prevents its release so they release a press again saying is pushed back. U should b lucky vzw even gave the announcement. Phones get released overseas all the times.reason is they don't have the carrier BS to deal with like they do in the USA

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dlh

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Now that we have a story telling thread I will share my most recent one.

I just got back from returning my RAZR (another story details below).

As I was waiting for the assistant to work her magic and activate my hand me down LG ENV the store manager walked over and asked why I was returning the RAZR. I replied that I really did not like the phone and had decided that I was going to wait for the Galaxy Nexus. I then asked the manager if she thought they would be very busy Friday. She said that was her hope, and asked me if I planned on stopping by to check out their deals. I replied, "not unless you plan on offering the Galaxy Nexus for sale". She slowly looked to the ground and softly said no. I then puked in my mouth as the assistant handed me my ENV and walked out.

ETA: I for got to mention that while I was waiting to return my RAZR I made my way around the store testing all of their devices. I navigated each device's browser to an article about the Galaxy Nexus, and even set Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android 4.0 Smartphone | Verizon Wireless as the home page for a few of the tablets. I actually got some satisfaction out of that.

Mini RAZR review:
All in all nice phone with acceptable battery life. My main complaint is with its software. While using smart actions to turn my wifi on and off automatically the phone would freak out and lose all data connections. The widely reported 3g 4g switching bug was present causing the phone to occasionally lose data connectivity. Although the screen was very nice the pentile matrix was visible, and my phone also had the green tint at low brightness settings.

The largest problem I had with the RAZR was what can only be described as a force close loop. the phone would randomly force close and reopen the same app endlessly until a I forced a reboot. The phone would also randomly lock it self as though I presses the power button, and then exhibit the force close loop at the unlock screen when I would try to turn the phone back on.

Setting all the home pages and browsers - brilliant!!! LMAO!:D

openyoureyes

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I am a store manager for big red indirect and I spoke with my dm about the nexus and he has access a little more than I do as to what is shipping in my store. At this point I have no accesories and no demo. My good vud is a corporate store mgr and he has no info either on occasion he finds things out a day quicker than I do but again he has no phones or related product and he runs a A store. My water damaged x is so bad I have icons that show a question mark but I refuse to pay 100 for insurance since I was hoping the nexus will come out soon. If my phone dies and I do a insurance claim I will wait for a quad core.

Based on the current status you know and your past experiences with device releases. Would you say a December 8th nationwide store release is still possible or not looking too good?

EDIT: Also can you comment on this?

WggzL.jpg

48CvT.jpg

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
That's old we new it supposed to release but glitch in the os quility control prevented release. That's y there was no official announcement. Once the bugs r ironed out the phone will b released.
Based on the current status you know and your past experiences with device releases. Would you say a December 8th nationwide store release is still possible or not looking too good?

EDIT: Also can you comment on this?

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress