What's the first thing you'll show off to the iSheep?

dannye123

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I am a 15 year-old android enthusiast who loves hearing the hilarious reasons "why the iPhone is better" from my ignorant iPhone-toting friends. What should I do first to show their small, ignorant, high school minds that the galaxy nexus and android as a whole is better? Right now, I give them reasons and they say, "Well, the iPhone is cooler!" So what are you guys planning on doing and what do you recommend for me? :D

Update: I see that some of you are commenting about me getting a high-end android phone at an early age and not paying for it. I actually am paying for it with the money I earn from my online bike store and bike manufacturing business. www.endobmx.com / I put 10 percent of that money in to various charities and the rest goes in to the stock market; some going to the galaxy nexus. I am sorry that I made a controversial forum and please do not think that I am a snobby teenager. I try not to be. Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Nothing. Flaunting their tech is why people make fun of "iSheep." I'd rather not be snobby about what I carry. If people are interested, I show them. Otherwise, it is just mine to enjoy.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Nothing. Flaunting their tech is why people make fun of "iSheep." I'd rather not be snobby about what I carry. If people are interested, I show them. Otherwise, it is just mine to enjoy.

Agree I am not going to go around rubbing it in people's faces. I will just be glad to have one and if someone asks I will show them.

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Nothing, really. Hopefully my friends get interested enough in what my phone can do and end up buying a Nexus phone years into the future. The simple UI is a huge factor to the i*hone. You also don't have to worry about a new phone coming out in the upcoming weeks and being left behind in the software division. Most friends that have gone from iOS -> Android enjoy Android because of customization. They're not interested in specs and other things that us die-hard fans enjoy. That being said, I won't show off to my friends.

To my brother, however, I will show off. "Hey, nice speeds. You on wi-fi? That's cool, I got twice your speed. Netflix? I can stream it without a problem. Dropped it? lolsorryaboutyourphone, hope you have a warranty. How do you customize your phone? Does your phone have an HD screen? How much space does all the iStuff you had to download on your computer to use your phone take up? How do you switch out batteries when one dies?", etc.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Now here is a fun thread! I plan on showing face unlock (although it wont be a daily lock for me), the browser, the full screen video, the multitasking which is something the iphone still can't do right lol. Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Now here is a fun thread! I plan on showing face unlock (although it wont be a daily lock for me), the browser, the full screen video, the multitasking which is something the iphone still can't do right lol. Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

4.65" AMOLED HD screen is the clearest, most easily noticeable difference. ICS will blow away iOS 5, but they probably won't give it a chance.

Reactions: dannye123

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Because I am an adult, I'll do nothing other than enjoy my phone while being happy for the people that are also enjoying their phones regardless of which type of device they are currently using.

Reactions: Akuma

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I never show off anything to the iSheep. They're not gadget people and don't really care anything about how cool a product is. They want easy, not cool.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I live with an "isheep"... Iphone is present in the house and I have used it. There has never been a "mine is better than yours" discussion so I don't plan on show off anything. The phone, it's screen, it's browser and it's functionality will be seen during daily without me saying much about it.

I would just use the phone and let your friends see it in action. Your friends will make their own conclusions anyway, regardless of what is said or shown off.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Right now, I give them reasons and they say, "Well, the iPhone is cooler!" So what are you guys planning on doing and what do you recommend for me? :D

My attitude towards that is "I don't need an object to help me be cool. I'm already cool all on my own."

sectachrome

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am a 15 year-old android enthusiast who loves hearing the hilarious reasons "why the iPhone is better" from my ignorant iPhone-toting friends. What should I do first to show their small, ignorant, high school minds that the galaxy nexus and android as a whole is better? Right now, I give them reasons and they say, "Well, the iPhone is cooler!" So what are you guys planning on doing and what do you recommend for me? :D

Lolz.

mpetruzz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
So let me get this straight, you don't like the "isheep" cause they think they're phone is better but the first thing you want to do it try and show off ICS to them. Isn't that a bit of the pot calling the kettle black!!

I am currently an iPhone owner and do like it. There are some things it does better than android, but then there is also some things that android does better. I've also had a rooted Dinc and DX.

I have an upgrade and am waiting for the GN and will most likely try it out.

There's no doubt that it has a bigger screen and 4G. But once you jailbreak an iphone, in my opinion, it blows away android. The customization options are endless!! I can install any android os i want and then some; widgets, live feeds, etc. It's much easier as well.

I think in the end it comes down to what phone and os fits your life better. Some people need an easy os like apple because they're not tech saavy. Some prefer android and its customization options but larger learning curve. I don't think anyone will be able to ever say one phone is undeniably better than the other. With the speed at which these phones are released you only have the latest and greatest for a few months anyways. The GN is coming out "hopefully" in a few weeks but then the iphone 5 is right around the corner. I think you just need to find a phone that you like and stop worrying about what everyone else thinks.

Reactions: Premium1

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

I agree completely. While I can honestly say that I much prefer Android after owning an iPhone 4 as well, I can appreciate the merits of both platforms. I'd even go so far as to say that I try to stay up on the world of iOS just to see if there's been any new innovation. A couple of my friends who own iPhones and BlackBerries are always looking to see what new device I have so that they can compare. I'll never tell them that my phone is better than theirs, just that mine goes about doing things in a different manner. To each their own....

have24

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site

I wish I could have been 15 years old and get my own Galaxy Nexus. I don't think I got a track phone til I was 16...must be nice.

Reactions: Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could have been 15 years old and get my own Galaxy Nexus. I don't think I got a track phone til I was 16...must be nice.

When I was 15 I had a cheap flip phone.. The only way I could even get a phone was by having a year worth of the cell bill saved up. Kids are lucky these days, most don't pay for anything.