Can anyone compare the Nexus to the Rezound?

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I currently have the Rezound and surprisingly love it. I'm wondering if the Nexus is worth exchanging the Rezound for. Has anyone done this?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't personally done it, however I've seen in one of the other threads a few people swapping up their rented Rezounds for the Nexus.

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to hear from someone who could compare the phone reception between the Rezound and the Nexus. The reception on my Rezound is definitely worse than the reception on my OG Droid. If the Nexus is significantly better in reception, I might have to swap.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I am currently on the Rezound and will be swapping it out for the Nexus in about an hour. I played with the Nexus for a while last night at the store and, while I really like the Rezound and could be happy with it if the Nexus was not here, I am convinced now that it IS an upgrade, even if just for ICS native and purpose built. And the size and shape are great.

golfhacker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Went to my Verizon store this AM to check out the Nexus. I am very happy with the Rezound and if would have had to blow me away to make a change. I am staying for the following reasons.

1. I like the fact that you can expand the memory in the phone.
2. Simultaneous call and internet on 3g. SVDO I believe that is called.
3. Screen quality. I am not a big video nut and my first view of the Nexus with the deep blacks is impressive. However after running a view You Tube Videos on both the Rezound and the Nexus, the Rezound had a more natural and not oversaturated colors. The Nexus reminded me of the early HD TV's which exhibited a trait called Red Push. It basically made everyone look like that they had a great tan or sunburn.

Did not get a chance to try a phone call or GPS functions, but the Rezound GPS is stellar. I get a lock normally in 5 to 10 seconds.

YMMV.

Hope this helps.

M

crazeco

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I just exchanged my Rezound for a Nexus this morning. I originally came from a Motorola Photon (QHD Pentile) and before that an HTC Evo 3D and then Iphone 4.

I picked up a Rezound primarily for the screen. I thought the screen was fantastic (compared to the Photon and definitely on-par with the Iphone 4).

My main comparison test is to go to a webpage like androidcentral.com or phandroid.com and look at the text zoomed all the way out. Can I read it without much effort? If so, it's a win. The Rezound had zero problems here. No jaggies at all. For comparison, the Photon was illegible.

The Nexus comes to about 90% of the Rezound in my viewing so far as far as small text on a white background goes. The text is legible, however zoomed that far out it looks just very slightly distorted. If I had to rate the Rezound a 10, Iphone 4 10, the Nexus would be an 8-9 and the Photon a 4-5.

Otherwise, the Nexus is much faster than the Rezound. With the Rezound, I noticed constant lag in the browser and even on the pulldown menu. Blame Sense. I get none of that with the Nexus.

As for the camera, the Rezound camera was never showing me accurate colors - everything was completely saturated with red (unless I clicked on sport shot mode and then went back to auto). It was difficult to get a good focus - although the image quality was decent when snapped. The photos on the Nexus snap very quickly and look very good. I haven't had any focus or color issues.

Google music runs without issue on both phones. I never used the Rezound headphones.

Typing on the Nexus is far better and lag free. The Sense keyboard was problematic.

Reception. I get bad reception here at my house. The Rezound had me on LTE (low bars) everywhere in my house. The Nexus has me on a mix of LTE and 3G with low bars. Phone calls work on both.

The power and volume buttons are nicer on the Nexus. I couldn't stand that flush volume button on the Rezound.

Overall I am impressed with the Nexus and it was worth the $35 exchange fee.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I also returned the Rezound shortly after buying my Nexus this morning.

The displays on both are great. I can't really complain about either of them. The Rezounds display is very hard to see outside but other then that it is great. I prefer amoled to lcd just for the black levels so I do like the display on the Nexus slightly more.

The camera on the Rezound is better then the Nexus just based on the few test pictures I have shot today. The Nexus is not terrible, just not as good as the Rezound.

Reception has been a lot better on the Nexus. With the Rezound I was getting no signal in places where I normally have no issues.

The buttons are a lot easier to hit on the Nexus then they are on the Rezound.

Battery life so far has been better on the Rezound. Not really a fair comparison because I got my Nexus and have charged it once. I am expecting it to improve.

Last is the software. There is no comparison, the Galaxy Nexus wins. Everything runs very smoothly and looks great. I like when I upload a photo to no see all the Verizon bloat or everytime I try to navigate somewhere asking about vz navigator. Between Sense and all the Verizon bloat it just kills the experience on the Rezound for me.

The Rezound is a great phone and would be the best on Verizon had the Nexus not come out. Samsung is making some the best hardware and put that with aosp straight from Google and you have a combination that can't be beat. I don't regret returning the Rezound at all.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I rented the Rezound for a few weeks and just got the Nexus today, been busy today so playing with it here and there. What I can say so far (and I pretty much new this before hand) the camera and video on the Rezound vs Nexus is night and day. The Rezound makes the Nexus cam/video look like total crap, plain and simple no sugar coating it.

Also when it comes to taking photos I notice too many people use flash when not needed and if you keep flash off in certain situations the photo comes out better.

Also I love that I can change the ISO settings on the Rezound, so far with my very limited time playing with the Nexus I do not see that option but you should always play with the settings on any phone when taking photos, never use an auto option and use that as a comparison to say another photo you have seen taking with another phone.

Phone reception so far with the very few calls is better on the Nexus than the Rezound.

Lack of Facebook sync is pissing me off.

I can deal with no SD card, I use drop box and keep a lot of stuff on there.

Screen on the Rezound is different than the Nexus so hard to compare but my opinion once again the Rezound blows the Nexus away. The Nexus almost looks cartoonish with its colors compared to the crisp beautiful screen on the Rezound. Some may say its a matter of preference and that is fine.

I love the power and volume buttons on the Nexus they were horrible on the Rezound.

As I play with it more I will give more feedback but the Rezound was just too small for me I needed the larger screen size, ICS, pure Google, updates from google etc and that is why I got the Nexus.