• 1 Post By Cory Streater
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default Before You Create a New Thread

Happy Galaxy Nexus day everyone..

Just a few reminders and tips before starting a new thread:

• There are a lot of duplicate threads being created today. Please check to see if there's an existing thread where you can post an issue, ask a question, or get an answer. There are definitely threads related to Facebook, Notification Lights, Google Search bar removal, Galaxy Nexus Getting Hot, etc.. Duplicate threads tend to get buried quickly on pages 3 or higher which increases the chance your thread will never get a response.
    • The search pulldown, above this sticky, allows you to search by thread title only.
    • Please, please, please use descriptive thread titles. Titles like: got a few questions, $199, help!, etc. make it difficult for all members to search and find the most relevant threads they are looking for.

Thanks for choosing AndroidCentral and enjoy your new phone!
    Thanked by 14:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

Default Re: Before You Create a New Thread

Bump it, Sticky it, paste it on your forehead :-)
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

This what I meant last night but I was typing from an ipad and didn't know I was in the accessories forum
    Cory Streater likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    This what I meant last night but I was typing from an ipad and didn't know I was in the accessories forum

Yay, Nexus!

nexus is the iphone killer!!!!
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,517 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Dam I thought I waz in trouble

ok...got it

okay

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

What's with the strong arm required viewing? What's the harm if people duplicate topics? It's a community, not a hideout for those suffering from OCD.

i understand i was actually replying I didn't start the thread

ok ok
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    Lol that's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Dam I thought I waz in trouble
    You are moosc! J/K of course.
    Johnly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcowdog View Post
    What's with the strong arm required viewing? What's the harm if people duplicate topics? It's a community, not a hideout for those suffering from OCD.
    because it makes the viewing pleasure for us that dont post much way better if we can read one thread about battery life or whatever. A community is all about joining in is it not? Like all joining in on the one thread and not being a loner and wanting to see your name in lights starting another about the exact same topic..

Thank you AC for doing this

I love mine!

Global Posts
    10,405 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I get one bump every 24. Hella BUMP.

Quote Originally Posted by FredBassett View Post
    because it makes the viewing pleasure for us that dont post much way better if we can read one thread about battery life or whatever. A community is all about joining in is it not? Like all joining in on the one thread and not being a loner and wanting to see your name in lights starting another about the exact same topic..

Thank you AC for doing this
    Not to mention it's extremely annoying when people create duplicate threads over and over again for issues that have been discussed and resolved more than once.

Hey guys. This is my first time joining a forum as well as my first android phone. I'm doing OK finding tips and tricks for my device, but I am having trouble finding instruction on how to navigate the actual website. For example I cannot find out how to start a new post to ask for help, if there is not already a thread on my particular problem. Don't beat me up too much on this, I'm very busy most days and only have time to sit down and surf the web on weekends. I'm on the computer alot at work, but it is an internal system, and so I'm still not to familiar with social sites and how they work, such as this. thanks for any help. I will also be glad to thank you guys when I can figure that out as well. I've seen lots of helpful people and information here. so I know this is where I need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by gy-skidkid View Post
    Hey guys. This is my first time joining a forum as well as my first android phone. I'm doing OK finding tips and tricks for my device, but I am having trouble finding instruction on how to navigate the actual website. For example I cannot find out how to start a new post to ask for help, if there is not already a thread on my particular problem.
    On the left side, just above the section showing the stickies where you posted this reply is a box that says 'New thread'...that'll do it!

But when I will be able to add new thread?

I'm pretty sure this has been brought up in another thread ....

(sorry, too easy Can't believe no one else said that)