Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Volume+ (Full Version)

You can get the full version of Volume+ HERE for free, from the authors site. Set Volume at +8 with Treble Boost, you will be much happier with the GN speaker.

Thanked by 60:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Volume+ (Full Version)

Seconded. Speaker issues on my gnex were terrible, this fixed them!

ROM
    AXIOM/JDkernel

Thanks

ROM

Very cool of the developer to support the GN this way! Many thanks.
    Jorgasm209 likes this.

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got it downloaded. I cant test it out now while i am at work but i will test it out when i getoff. From what everyone else that has used this it appears to be worth it.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM7 XRON 2.9.1

Thanks man.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I wouldn't call the 'issue' terrible. But I did put a 3db boost on mine to make it sound a bit louder. Don't push it too high though or you'll end up busting your speaker.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

+1 .........

How do you install it? I can't figure it out.

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP or CM10

Quote Originally Posted by todieforlife View Post
    How do you install it? I can't figure it out.
    you have to download it from the file sharing site and enable 'Install from 3rd party Sources' (not sure of the terminology) in the settings.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Bugless Beast! Vicious

Where do you put the file once you have it downloaded?

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by junglesnake98 View Post
    Put it in your downloads folder and then use something like Astro File Viewer. Then you press the .apk file, it will allow you to install it.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by junglesnake98 View Post
    Once the file is downloaded, expand your notifications bar at the top of the screen, and tap on the .APK file and it will install. Clear the notifications bar when everything's done.

If you clear the notifications and forgot to click on the file to install, open your All Apps screen, tap on the Downloads icon, then access it from there.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

like somebody else mentioned... any idea of long term damage to the speaker by cranking it up so much?

i installed this app but not going to use it unless i feel its unpowered. maybe then only turn it up a few notches.

ty that helped!

In the EQ settings there is a Beats Emulation option.
    We can get the rezound fanboys off our back

hm..can you guys post up the settings your using that makes the phone best for you? that would be a great help
    Stang68 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I just turn on the speaker modification and put it on +3. But I normally keep my volume low unless listening to a podcast.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
    Thanked by:

Dumb question, but...what's Headset Settings exactly? Does that determine how loud we hear the person's voice with the phone to our ear?

ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

wow nice problem solved. this thread should be a sticky

I played with this today, the volume actually got lower if I tryed anything over 8+.
    It slightly helped but I think it is a combonation of low volume ringtones/sounds and a slight software issue.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Yeah this phone is stupid quiet... I installed this app and its better but really...I have to install an app just so I can hear my phone???

so i bought the GNex today from vzw corporate (apparently their second shipment - they sold out on thurs) and my volume (speaker, ring etc) is quite good

almost comparable to OG Droid volumes without this app

ROM
    Stock

I may try this app. I generally can't hear my notifications unless the room is very quiet. However, I wouln't be surprised if Google addressed this in a future build of ICS.

First time, I wasn't impressed either. Until, I realized I had the wrong app. The exact search term is " Volume+ (Sound Boost) ". You can copy & paste that into the android market search field minus the quotation marks. The free version doesn't have sound boost in it's title and the volume level won't go up high enough. In preferences in the app, you need to be able to select somewhere between 8-10. Too low, nothing and too high doesn't work either.

Very important, when you download the app for the first time, there is quick one time visual tutorial. Do everything exactly what it says to do, if not, won't work. If you can take screen shots of the directions, your better off. After the one time, you would have to un—install and than re—install to see it again. It only comes up right after the initial install.

The only variance is your volume number in the preferences . Test, if it's working, by listening to the preset ring tones in the system settings of the phone.
    I was afraid, that I might of had to exchange the phone because the speaker volume was so bad. This app makes a significant difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast