Impressions from a BlackBerry owner after 3 days

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I have lurked here for awhile before finally joining the other day. Have been awaiting this phone along with everyone for awhile and was excited to get mine on release day. This might be long winded but I thought it might be useful to those considering a switch from BlackBerry. Now I have used one Android phone before this, it was a Motorola Cliq on ATT. That particular phone certainly didn't show off what Android was or could possibly be at the time. I had the unique opportunity the past few months to continue my ATT plan and play with some different phones. The Samsung Focus WP7.5 phone was a really neat phone and great upgrade from the somewhat dull and boring BB OS. Re sold that phone in time for the Nexus to come out..and moved my BlackBerry Bold 9930 from VZW to ATT...(unlocked and usable on ATT now) I use the BlackBerry strictly for work now...as soon as I am home I have the call forwarding commands set up as a contact so its a one touch push to forward all calls from that number to my Nexus. The reason I am still using it for work is that we utilize BlackBerry messanger quite extensively on the farm. Now onto the Nexus....

In one word...AWESOME!! Yes now I do know there are some bugs and glitches...but a very very nice upgrade for me after years of BlackBerry. ICS is a very easy to use and pretty straightforward user experience. It took a little time to adapt but not very long. The screen on this phone is very beautiful...touch response is great! The volume level and vibration are the biggest issues for me at this point...coming from BB they are probably the best with hard hitting vibration. Hopefully a future update will resolve this solution. The notification light on my device actually works pretty good stock...only missing notifications here and there. I did install the "Light flow" app...for any former BB user this is absolutely a must have app. There are free and paid versions..while the free version does what I want I may consider upgrading later this coming week to the paid version...if for nothing else than to give thanks to the developers that came up with this app. If you have used BeBuzz on BB or any other light app.....you've gotta have this thing. Limitless options for vibration and colors...For me...it has corrected my notification light not working on occassion. Since I have installed it I have not once missed a notification. The android beam works well...if you have someone to try it with...my partner returned his Razr and got the Nexus. In closing if you love BB and are hard pressed to move on from the familiarity of it...I do not believe you will have a hard time adapting to it. Its a very smooth process and using google sync on your BlackBerry before moving over to the Nexus is a great idea. It worked out very well for me and I didnt miss a single contact. Hope this helps anyone thinking of switching....while I have switched I still have the BlackBerry for work so I haven't totally abandoned it...and when my ATT contract is up for renewal the new BBX/BB10 devices will be out and I will be ready to give those a try!!

Reactions: gafman

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have finally moved on from a 2 year old BB also. I haven't had any problems learning how to do things on this phone. It's very user friendly and easy to adapt to if you haven't used an android OS phone before. I wish I had someone to try the beam with, but all my lame friends have iPhones!

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have finally moved on from a 2 year old BB also. I haven't had any problems learning how to do things on this phone. It's very user friendly and easy to adapt to if you haven't used an android OS phone before. I wish I had someone to try the beam with, but all my lame friends have iPhones!

Yeah ive used BB for prolly the past 8 or so years. I've had quite a few...probably too many to list lol. So far loving this thing!