Auto dial your password for voicemail?

edieblack05

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
go to your phone dialer then the three dots at the top right. Settings will come up and then go to voicemail settings, voicemail number then after *86 put pause then your password. You can find pause when you press the *# button. I had to put a # after my password to get it to work. So it looked like this
*86,,XXXX# (XXXX = my password and the ,, were the pause symbols).

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
This is why I hang out... Cos of valuable tidbits like this that I never would have known about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree, Davey. Thank you Titan!!

I stared at the keypad but I couldn't make the "pause" function appear. The "*#" key was the key...

Love this place...

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
have you thought about google voice. I only use it for voice mail. All i need to do is open the app and hit play for each msg.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
go to your phone dialer then the three dots at the top right. Settings will come up and then go to voicemail settings, voicemail number then after *86 put pause then your password. You can find pause when you press the *# button. I had to put a # after my password to get it to work. So it looked like this
*86,,XXXX# (XXXX = my password and the ,, were the pause symbols).

Works perfect thanks :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Link91

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've got an LG Optimus running under Verizon.

This solution is NOT working for me. I was told that each comma was supposed to delay dialing for 2 seconds. I started testing with 2, and I'm now up to 10. No matter how many commas I enter, the poc dials the password almost immediately. Adding the # did nothing to change this.

(Side note, since I found a workaround: modifying the actual VM number was impossible. I would make changes, and click save. It would revert back to *86 every time. I have now entered the VM number I want to use, including commas and password, and put it under speed dial #2.)