Google Voice TXT & Voice Question...? Need your help

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if Google Voice is the correct application for what I'm trying to do...

Here is the situation... I'm an IT consultant and I recently signed a 10 month contract with a company. They want me to be available via Phone & txt for any issues or concerns they might have. The issue for me is this... they will NOT provide me with a mobile phone, thus I have to use my own and invoice them back each month.

I really DO NOT want to give them my personal mobile number, nor do I want them to have it after I leave. You know how it is... someone always forgets and call's or txt's you for months on end afterwards. Plus they have a TON of SMS notifications that go out on their system...My solution to this was to provide them with my Google Voice Number but I have a few questions that I'm not sure about that I was hoping that someone might be able to help me out with.

I currently use my google voice account to redirect call's... so I'm not sure how this would work with txting...

Here are the requirements that I'm trying to accomplish:
- They block google voice at work, so everything has to happen from my GNex...
- I only want my google number to be visable (txt or caller-id) not my personal number
- If they txt me via my google number and I reply back, it will only show my google number
- If I start a NEW txt message to someone, it will only show my google number
- If I call them it will only show my google number in their caller-id

Thanks for your help guys... any other application suggestions are also more than welcome too....

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Google voice will work.It will only show your google voice number. Its the way i get free texting.

Do you text through the GV app or the native SMS app? I see in options that GV will forward a copy of received texts to your GV number to your inbox, but then can you reply from there?

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you text through the GV app or the native SMS app? I see in options that GV will forward a copy of received texts to your GV number to your inbox, but then can you reply from there?

You send texts with the GV app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I Normally TXT (Friends/Family...etc..) thru ChompSMS... but I have no problem txting business people the old fashion way...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89