Set Browser UA String to Desktop?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
While on a page hit the 3 dots up top right and select to use desktop site :)
43541cb6-9092-6fee.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Short way: check off the "Request desktop site" option.

Long way: in the address bar, type in "about:debug" and hit Go. Then hit the menu button > Settings > Debug > UAString and select whichever user agent you want. These are your options.

Screenshot_2011-12-21-20-08-43.png

Reactions: mozy and pank

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Is the long way a permanent fix. As in it will always use thebdesktop version or is it like the easier option and need to be done for every website that has a mobile version?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Is the long way a permanent fix. As in it will always use thebdesktop version or is it like the easier option and need to be done for every website that has a mobile version?

I don't believe there is a way to make it permanent, which is one of the reasons people use alternate browsers.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

It should be permanent. I say permanent, though you can manually change it back at any time.

Last edited:

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
It should be permanent. I say permanent, though you can manually change it back at any time.

I'm finding even know the string remains on desktop, the browser still renders the mobile version of the website sometimes. Any idea how to make it always stay on desktop.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it must be a bug in 4.0.2. Once you close the browser, anything you do in the debug settings stops working until you type in about:debug again.

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it must be a bug in 4.0.2. Once you close the browser, anything you do in the debug settings stops working until you type in about:debug again.

Thanks - I hope they fix it! Is there an easy way to submit issues to the ICS team that we find?