My nexus will not shut up

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yea so I'm not really sure what's going on with my nexus but it's pissing me off...

I noticed last night that anytime I went on facebook or browsed the web, a woman's voice would go on speaker phone and announce the title of the page of if I clicked someone's status it would start reading it aloud. It even does this when I have the phone on silent. I'm not sure why this is the case. I have the talk back option turned off the options. Last night I installed waze which had a similar sounding woman's voice doing the navigation so I have a feeling that be something to do with it.

Any ideas? I'm new android so the answer might be right under my nose but I just can't see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I think you have one of the accessibility features turned on that is intended for the blind. GO into Settings and under the 'System' section choose 'Accessibility'. The first item in the list is 'TalkBack'...tap it. At the top of the next screen is the toggle to turn it on/off. Mine currently shows 'OFF' but I'm guessing yours says 'ON'. Tap the toggle and it should turn off.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
It is off. The phone keeps talking to me.

I should note that from what I noticed the happens ONLY in facebook and in the browser, no other apps.

Make sure no other services are running that would provide such a feature. I'd try turning the Talkback on then turn it off.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
perform a factory reset then.. if that doesn't work get the phone replaced.. I know a data reset is annoying but I doubt as annoying as your Nexus announcing to the world around you what webpage you are on or what coffee your friend is drinking from their facebook update (that's all facebook is good for it seems).

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
perform a factory reset then.. if that doesn't work get the phone replaced.. I know a data reset is annoying but I doubt as annoying as your Nexus announcing to the world around you what webpage you are on or what coffee your friend is drinking from their facebook update (that's all facebook is good for it seems).

I guess you missed the post saying it was resolved.

Reactions: Wicket

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun