Got GN at launch, swapped it for Rezound then got it back.

Se7enth Sinn

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
$70 in restock fees later but I'm very happy with. The phone is way smoother than, almost iPhone smooth. The keyboard is buy far the best keyboard on android, perfect size space bar and perfect sensitivity. Only major issue is a the signal but vzw said it can be fixed with software (never trust big red) but I'm coming from iPhone 4 and 4S so that's not a big deal. I'm a big time iPhone supporter this phone is the closest thing to beating the iPhone. Because like the iPhone the software is optimized for the hardware and no way HTC and Moto will run ICS this smooth. I can't say it's better because the iPhone 4S has no issues and there is still a few bugs with the GN. But I'm very happy with the phone.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Is your second GN noticeably better than the first, or did you just not find the Rezound to be up to par?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Se7enth Sinn

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Since I was coming from iPhone 4S and my last Android was the Droid X I didn't know what to expect. So I wanted to compare the 2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Wait you had a droid x then i4 then i4s then GNex then Rezound then back to the GNex? What exactly are you looking for in a phone? What were you looking for that the iphones and moto couldn't give you?

Se7enth Sinn

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
The DroidX was the worst phone I ever had. It reboot on its own 8 to 10 times per day. I think VZW gave me about 6 replacements. I look for a lot in a smartphone, stability, exchange email that can handle heavy HTML, good browser, fast network and a great keyboard. iPhone can do all of those with flying colors except network speed and the screen is too small for my big hands. Android HTML email rendering is a lot better with ICS but not perfect and it's OS is a lot more stable but not perfect. But the screen size along with outstanding keyboard, browser, and 4G... Nexus is king right now.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Se7enth Sinn

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Glad to hear the GN is working great for you. Did you pay retail for all those phones? 'Cause that's a ton.

I never pay retail and I always make a profit when I sell the phones. Just sold me iPhone for yesterday for $420 paid $150.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I never pay retail and I always make a profit when I sell the phones. Just sold me iPhone for yesterday for $420 paid $150.

I got some used air I'm willing to sell, who's the joker that bought your used iPhone for $420? lol

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
The DroidX was the worst phone I ever had. It reboot on its own 8 to 10 times per day. I think VZW gave me about 6 replacements. I look for a lot in a smartphone, stability, exchange email that can handle heavy HTML, good browser, fast network and a great keyboard. iPhone can do all of those with flying colors except network speed and the screen is too small for my big hands. Android HTML email rendering is a lot better with ICS but not perfect and it's OS is a lot more stable but not perfect. But the screen size along with outstanding keyboard, browser, and 4G... Nexus is king right now.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I know everyone's experience varies, however my DX was (up till now) the best Android phone I ever owned! It was an all around great phone and in many ways it and other Android devices then and now have surpassed the iPhone and I've owned every version of an iPhone since it's release in '07. My DX was my work phone till corporate decided that the Android platform was too vulnerable to data loss so we had to switch to an iPhone 4 or BB. Anyway, congrats on the GN!

Reactions: jroc and Andy769

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Your thread title talks about a Rezound and a GNex, but I don't see you making any comparisons. I had both too and found the data connections more solid on the Rezound with its better radio.

What did you see?

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Major selling point of the GN is ICS and how quickly you will receive updates. HTC will ruin it when they get their hands on it. The Rezound more than likely won't have it for 5-6 more months based on what I have read multiple times.

My only complaint about the GN is the subpar camera. You need great lighting to get anything remotely above average quality from it. Taking drunken pictures last night made me more aware of this.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Your thread title talks about a Rezound and a GNex, but I don't see you making any comparisons. I had both too and found the data connections more solid on the Rezound with its better radio.

What did you see?

Funny you ask. My wife & I were at a restaurant last night. This restaurant is in a saturated LTE area. I set them side by side on the table and checked their signal strength. The Nexus was at -103 dbm & the Rezound at -93 dbm. I then ran ran the Speedtest.net app on both. The Nexus tested at 12 down & 3 up. The Rezound tested at 22 down & 8 up. I made a few WTF!! comments then tried again. For the second run I placed the devices in each other's place on the table. I ran the test again & the results were exactly the same.

Up until this point I've been a die hard fan of my Nexus. After running the test, I am a little concerned. I didn't expect such a dramatic difference in signal strength & speed.

Are software updates able to fix radio issues?

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Funny you ask. My wife & I were at a restaurant last night. This restaurant is in a saturated LTE area. I set them side by side on the table and checked their signal strength. The Nexus was at -103 dbm & the Rezound at -93 dbm. I then ran ran the Speedtest.net app on both. The Nexus tested at 12 down & 3 up. The Rezound tested at 22 down & 8 up. I made a few WTF!! comments then tried again. For the second run I placed the devices in each other's place on the table. I ran the test again & the results were exactly the same.

Up until this point I've been a die hard fan of my Nexus. After running the test, I am a little concerned. I didn't expect such a dramatic difference in signal strength & speed.

Are software updates able to fix radio issues?

What version were you on? I get fantastic signal with 4.0.3. As good as my old rezound.

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Not to be smug, but those are pretty low results compared to my Down/Up when I am on 4G.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
What version were you on? I get fantastic signal with 4.0.3. As good as my old rezound.

I am on 4.0.3. The radio is EK05/EK02. I havent tried a new radio.

Not to be smug, but those are pretty low results compared to my Down/Up when I am on 4G.

I don't generally worry about speeds as they can vary greatly depending on location. It bothers me that 2 devices are side by side and the results are soo far apart. I can't blame the network.

cobraspyguy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I returned mine and got the rezound. I liked the Nexus better but after talking to tech support they are not showing a fix until March or later for the radio/poor reception problem. To bad the nexus was a better phone but I need a phone I can make calls on which is my priority

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I returned mine and got the rezound. I liked the Nexus better but after talking to tech support they are not showing a fix until March or later for the radio/poor reception problem. To bad the nexus was a better phone but I need a phone I can make calls on which is my priority

Check out our rezound forums. Lots of good info on your new phone.

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Unless you were talking to a level (2)3 support or higher, VZN tech support has less knowledge than this board.

As soon as a radio hits the forums, back it up, upgrade it, see if that helps.