Anybody use Kaspersky anti-virus?

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Anybody have experience with Kaspersky anti virus on a G-nex?
Or anybody have a positive comment about other anti-virus software?

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Never used Kapersky, but I have used Lookout. It is highly rated and I think it works well

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Never have really worried about virus scanning on a smartphone... I know the possibility exists but its not something often discussed or heard about on smartphones like computers.

If anything running anti virus will greatly decrease the speed and responsiveness of your device just like it does running on a computer.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Never have really worried about virus scanning on a smartphone... I know the possibility exists but its not something often discussed or heard about on smartphones like computers.

If anything running anti virus will greatly decrease the speed and responsiveness of your device just like it does running on a computer.

Agreed with everything you just said.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I no longer use anti virus apps. I think the fear of viruses on our smartphones exists, but it not as significant of a threat that people making the apps want us to believe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The likelihood of a virus on an android device is low, but even if you got one, you can rebuild your phone from a hard reset in 20 to 30 minutes. Losing the dedicated resources that a virus app constantly requires (even if it's small) is not worth it to me.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't worry about viruses. Whenever I see a big OMGANDROIDVIRUSSCARE article, the information about the OMGVIRUSES comes from antivirus software companies -- not exactly very unbiased.

DanSan

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
lol really? getting a smartphone is like getting a virus on an apple computer. you might be wearing a helmet if you get one.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Not true these days, if you look at anti-virus footprints these days. They use close to 0% cpu, so yea those days of the anti-virus being system hogs is long gone.

Unless ofcourse you are running an old pentium 3 or 4

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Disagree. Its anti malware so it only runs when scanning or after downloading an app.

I have both avg and Norton over the past 15 days total CPU usage between both are less then 0.0% so 0.0x%.....

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I mentioned this in another thread but Google just pulled 22 apps from the market. They would cause your phone to send an SMS to a premium number that would charge your account. Like one of those "text you name to 12345"

Before that in November they pulled an app that was able to pull a credit card number from rooted phones.

To me its worth the peace of mind....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty