Lockscreen customization ?

MessedUpTeen

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
This is my first android phone so be easy on me but....... I thought things like this would be customizable in stock !!!!!!!!!! I thought being pure google and all that , that they made stuff like this easy to do without hacks or anything else. All I want to do is access twitter from my lockscreen ! Mabye even a widget so I wouldn't even have to unlock my phone. Go locker and magic widget suck ass and I'm just getting annoyed. Anyone know how to customize your lockscreen without one of these cheesy launcher apps ?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
As stock ics doesn't allow lockscreen customization you're going to have to hack a bit.
Unlock your bootloader, root and install a custom rom. I'm on aokp and you can launch up to 8 apps from the lockscreen. I'm sure other roms will be similar.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This is my first android phone so be easy on me but....... I thought things like this would be customizable in stock !!!!!!!!!! I thought being pure google and all that , that they made stuff like this easy to do without hacks or anything else. All I want to do is access twitter from my lockscreen ! Mabye even a widget so I wouldn't even have to unlock my phone. Go locker and magic widget suck ass and I'm just getting annoyed. Anyone know how to customize your lockscreen without one of these cheesy launcher apps ?

Security > Lockscreen > None, which disables the stock lockscreen (new feature for stock Android). Then you can install a lockscreen app such as WidgetLocker, which you can customize and add widgets or app shortcuts.

Sent from my Nexus S

Reactions: milominderbinde

MessedUpTeen

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Security > Lockscreen > None, which disables the stock lockscreen (new feature for stock Android). Then you can install a lockscreen app such as WidgetLocker, which you can customize and add widgets or app shortcuts.

Sent from my Nexus S
I've seen that app and I'm thinking about it but I'm really looking for a free solution.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Remove the lock screen and put your twitter app on the home screen. That's a free solution.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I've seen that app and I'm thinking about it but I'm really looking for a free solution.

Beggars can't be choosers. That's the only option that won't suck. If its important enough to you to have that feature, get an app that will actually work.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus S

Worth every penny.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I like widget locker the only thing I hate about using it is that I can't use the lock screen music controls like a can with stock when I'm listening to music

MessedUpTeen

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
With widget locker can customize the ics lock screen ? I don't like those sliders at all. It would be awesome if I could just drag the circle to a twitter or SMS icon .

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
With widget locker can customize the ics lock screen ? I don't like those sliders at all. It would be awesome if I could just drag the circle to a twitter or SMS icon .

I believe u can drag the circle to any app u want, but I think that u have to sacrifice one of the other functions on the circle such as vibrate mode, and the camera.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I gave my option in post 2 because he said he didn't want to use an app. But yeah widgetlocker is the easiest way to get what you want.

808phoneaddict

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
U have a 15min refund period. So u can try widget locker out first.

I didn't know you had a refund time period! That's awesome... I figured there was one, but with 15min, you can definitely figure out if you wanna keep it or not!

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I believe u can drag the circle to any app u want, but I think that u have to sacrifice one of the other functions on the circle such as vibrate mode, and the camera.

Yeah, go into the WidgetLocker app from your menu and it'll put you into "Tool Mode". You can long press on the ICS lock and choose edit. From there you can add any apps you want (up to 3 plus the unlock option) to the slider, I have mine set to unlock, go to Seesmic, SMS, and Gmail.

MKREdit

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus S

I've used widgetlocker with gingerbread and the one problem that it had was the double lockscreen situation (you open the widgetlocker lockscreen and then the stock lockscreen appears) This occurred when you had the pin or pattern lock engaged. Does this problem exist with ics using the Security > Lockscreen > None proceedure you mention?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez