Never had any issues with my Nexus until today, how embarassing

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So for the last 3 weeks I have been ranting and raving , as well as hyping up my Nexus to my brother-in-law.

Well tonight I was embarrassed by this phone.

We are out to dinner with our wives and go into a 4G area. Well I take out my phone to look up an address for a store and see I am on 3G, and not only 3G but one "bar" of 3G. I quickly run a speed test app and get a d/l of 0.14Mbps and u/l 0.24Mpbs ..... run it again in amazement and similar results. The he takes out he Samsung Droid Charge and low and behold he has 4 bars of 4G. he runs his speed test and gets 10.58 d/l and 8.42 u/l...... wow WTH is the deal with that?

I rebooted my phone, into and out of airplane mode and even a battery pull and couldnt get it to ever connect to 4G at all.

Well now he is thoroughly convinced NOT to buy a Nexus.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Never had any issues with my Nexus until today, how embarassi

Typical Galaxy Nexus behavior and the reason my GN is sitting in my desk drawer (I even replaced the original under warranty and the replacement behaved the same).

Hopefully an update will make this phone live up to all that it has been hyped.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Never had any issues with my Nexus until today, how embarassi

Whats odd about this is its compared to the Charge. I thought they had similar antennas/chips?

I had the G Nex...and the ONLY reason I got rid of it was reception issues: voice and data. Mine didnt have any problems like in the OP...it just wasnt as strong in weaker areas as other phones I compared it to. Granted I only kept it for 10-11 days..I did install 4.0.3 radios. I didnt do any phone or sim exchanges.

All the LTE phones I had had data drops, issues. I have a RAZR and Rezound...my Rezound gets stuck in 1X in weak areas...even after the OTA it just got. RAZR had data drops and the Rezound had better 3G and 4G reception, now updates have made my RAZR better. They are about even for 3G and 4G reception. 4.0.3 radios did make 3G better for the G Nex I had...but thats it.

So far the RAZR is the only one that had the least annoying issues....but yes they all had/have issues with data. In the amount of time I had the G Nex...I cant even say which would be next after the RAZR for least annoying data issues I experienced. I never had to reboot my G Nex to fix whatever data issue it had, but the Rezound has better 4G reception... But I am keeping an eye on the latest update for the G Nex to see what folks report. Who knows....I might try another G Nex 6+ months from now.

I just find it strange that it happened like that and the Charge was better. FWIW...phone reception on my G Nex was great in the beginning and went down hill as time went by. I NEVER experienced that before with any phone I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38