Tasker Profiles

Voice-Guy

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
To get Tasker to take a picture with the front facing camera after a certain number of failed pin attempts you'll need 2 free apps from the market which will work as plugins for Tasker. They are Secure Settings and Dropsync.

Create a new profile. I called mine "Unlock Fail" and for the first context choose State > Plugin > Secure Settings. For Secure Settings press Edit, Failed Login Attempts, and enter the maximum number of failed login attempts. I went with 3.

Next, under Task Selection, press new tasks (name it if you want). Media > Take Photo > Camera = Front, File Name = failedlogin, Naming Sequence = Series, Insert in Gallery = Checked, Discreet = Checked, the rest of the options I left at the default.

+ to add another action. Plugin > Dropsync, Edit, Sync now. (This action/plugin might not be needed depending on if you are using the Dropbox app auto upload feature. Not sure, I never tested it. The one downside of leaving it up to the Dropbox app to upload would be the power/wifi conditions you set).

In Dropsync you'll need to set up the folder the picture gets saved to with the corresponding folder in Dropbox. That should be it. I didn't come up with this on my own. It's just a great idea I found online. I'm thinking about trying to take it a step farther by adding more actions to turn on GPS, get location, text it to my wife's phone, and then turn GPS back off.

mapexonly

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if I missed this but I read somewhere you can set it to change your background according to weather and time of day is this true and if so how? I'll actually want it then until then I'm all atooma

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I missed this but I read somewhere you can set it to change your background according to weather and time of day is this true and if so how? I'll actually want it then until then I'm all atooma

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I know it is possible, but i dont know how to do it.

can someone help me out, a while ago i made a task to pop up a bunch of media apps when i plugged in my heaphones. i looked quick this morning but i couldn't figure it out. when i plug in a headset, i want a menu to pop up with about 5 different apps in it for me to choose. i know it is possible, but can't remember how to set it up.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Every task I have created except for one I can get to work in tasker.
I cannot get the lockscreen to disable/ enable when connected to wifi networks.
I haven't used the secure settings method, just have my phone wifi not sleep (in wifi settings), etc.

Thoughts? I am on the 7 day trial and this app is above my programming know how, but I am learning but the screen lock is a deal breaker for me.

Voice-Guy

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Every task I have created except for one I can get to work in tasker.
I cannot get the lockscreen to disable/ enable when connected to wifi networks.
I haven't used the secure settings method, just have my phone wifi not sleep (in wifi settings), etc.

Thoughts? I am on the 7 day trial and this app is above my programming know how, but I am learning but the screen lock is a deal breaker for me.

I tried to figure it out and it was above my level too. For ease I gave up and went with the app Unlock With Wifi. It works great and was worth the few bucks I paid for it. I still like Tasker and everything else it has enabled me to accomplish.

JStamp627

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got tasker and am having an issue figuring out how to have a list of media apps pop up when my headphones get plugged in. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

markyang

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Made a profile for taking a front pic when the phone is stolen (changed sim/received sms code from me that it is stolen). Unfortunately, I cannot figure out a way to make it send the picture to me via email or mms. All options are only for composing email or mms. There is no option for directly sending it without user intervention.. unlike sms which has the option. Am I missing something?

Voice-Guy

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Made a profile for taking a front pic when the phone is stolen (changed sim/received sms code from me that it is stolen). Unfortunately, I cannot figure out a way to make it send the picture to me via email or mms. All options are only for composing email or mms. There is no option for directly sending it without user intervention.. unlike sms which has the option. Am I missing something?

You could use the app Dropsync to upload it to your Dropbox account. It works as a plug-in for Tasker.

kalkap

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
So far, I have two profiles set up under Tasker and two tasks set up that are triggered by NFC task launcher.

2) Turn off pattern lock when connected to home wifi
This requires you to be rooted, have busybox and secure settings installed (both apps are free). Basically, when I am connected to my home wifi and have unlocked my phone using pattern lock for the first time, it will switch off the pattern lock requirement so I can just swipe to unlock. As soon as I leave my wifi network, it reenables the pattern lock.

Are you able to get it to automatically remove the pattern lock or does just take you to the security screen for you to do it manually? That's as far as I can get it to go. Still makes me put my security pattern in before it will unlock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa