which app is closest to apples notepad app that will sync

fantom555

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
which app is closest to apples notepad app that will sync

i love using apples notepad app on my ipad and being a mac user i love how it syncs with my mac. Which app will be the closest to this. the only apple product i dont use is the iphone so i am a droid lover in that respect.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Evernote is by far the best note app IMO it sync's with any pc and Android device, I have my notes at work, home, phone, and both tablets. Your also able to attach word, pdf, and excel sheets to your notes. I've never used Apples note app so I can't compare.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Inkpad has a similar look to the iOS Notes app and syncs to the cloud.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.workpail.inkpad.notepad.notes

Sent using Tapatalk

madsere

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking for a simple notepad app that would allow syncing between my PC and my Android phone and Inkpad is the first that comes close - but if you want more than 4 syncs per day it's a buck per month - for a simple notepad with sync. I want some of whatever those guys are smoking!

There are a ton of great Notepad apps that sync with Google Tasks, I prefer GTask myself. Unfortunately Google Tasks in Chrome is a hopeless interface, only leaving a few lines in the notepad area. I know there are a few 3rd party attempts to improve that but they're really no better than the original.

Catch, Evernote and Springpad are all very nice but way too heavy for what I need.

Colornote is nice, and though it appears to do some sort of sync I haven't been able to find out what it syncs to - how can I edit the notes on my PC?

Nicholas Taylor

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact same issue and have found the perfect solution. what works for me is (as is usually the case with Android) a combination of two tools:

The first is a versatile and lightweight notepad such as Sketch from MG (you may use your favourite alternative, but for many reasons Sketch is the best solution available):
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=mulgar.nick.sketchz&token=IaRh_v24

and couple this with DropBox from DropBox inc. (again, you may use your favourite alternative, but for many reasons DropBox is the most ideal solution):
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.dropbox.android&hl=en&token=VF5TYnIm

The beauty of sketch is that its one button save tool, and supports both writing and drawing in the same application.

Install Sketch first, scribble on the screen and click save (this creates a folder called Sketches in the default storage area on your device)
Note: Sketch costs about a dollar for unlimited use for all of eternity. It does not require you to sign up for anything. Sketch has also been verified free of malware and phishing algorithms

Second, install Dropbox and add the Sketches folder as a Dropbox sync folder.
Note: Dropbox is a free app, but you have to sign up for it. You get 4GB of storage in the free edition. For unlimited storage you have to sign up for extra, but you shouldn't ever need to as notes are tiny files. Dropbox has been verified free of malware and phishing algorithms.

Repeat this for all devices you wish to share notes over and realise how advanced the world has become.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Google Keep a lot for short notes and lists. It is perfect for a quick not on your phone, and to make info available quickly across devices.

For more involved note taking, I agree with those that recommend Evernote. It is fantastic and ver versatile.

a gokulakrishnan

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
once you sync your gmail account via system preferences in you mac, then click on the google account and check whether the notes application box is checked. Else check it. Then automatically the notes application will sync your notes in the gmail box with a seperate folder called notes which you can find just below inbox tab.

Thats it. Your are done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress