Was your Galaxy Nexus made in China or Korea?

Donta79

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Folks with "Made in Korea", when did you get your Galaxy Nexus and what is the Build Date?

So my Theory is:
It seems that the initial batch of Galaxy Nexus were Made in Korea, Seems the production has been switched to China.............So a recently purchased Galaxy Nexus is made in China.........
Perhaps the Galaxy S3 is now being made in Korea instead of the Galaxy Nexus?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got mine Dec.15th,,, launch day .I was the first person in line to.Lol
Mine was made in mid Nov. I forgot the exact day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine is Made in korea, date is 11.11 I have random reboots, mic cut out issues, data drop outs and poor signal. Screen also doesn't seem to be as bright as my first Nexus because this is my third one.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Korea 11.11. Bought on release day at vzw corp store. Phone works with no data, mix, or screen issues. It seems to me if your in the market for a gnex buy Korean and stay away from the Chinese ones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Korea, 11.12. Received in January. Have had no issues.

For what it's worth, mine came straight from Google as a gift from my friend who works there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tjhop4292

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine was made in Korea, 11/11.

Walked into the verizon by me (actual verizon, not an authorized seller or anything like that) and got it in January.

Rarely have I had any issues with it. Its rebooted on me a few times, but only when I've either done something to it or installed something new/experimental. Mic cut out on me 1 time in a phone call. No reboot, redialed and all was well with the world.

It seems the majority of the Korean made ones are perfect/nearly perfect. sweet! =D

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. It would be interesting to see percentage of Korean with issues vs. Chinese with issues. Or a breakdown: Chinese or Korean? and sub question under that: have you had issues with it?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I think this question should be in a poll, but I don't know how to set one up. I would suggest these poll options.

- Made in Korea, no issues
- Made in Korea, minor issues
- Made in Korea, major issues
- Made in China, no issues
- Made in China, minor issues
- Made in China, major issues

Can someone set this up please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member