Am I Crazy?! Need help with a decision

erjennin

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm on Nexus #4. Have had mic, screen, data and other issues with each one of my phones. Current Nexus keeps disconnecting from internet, losing my email account, and getting super hot. I've since rooted and ROM's, but the problems still exist.

Verizon has offered to replace my phone with a Razr. Got to admit, i love the design, build quality, and Motorola Radio's are the best. ICS is on the way as well. Could debloat through root as well.

Should I take them up on this offer..... Going from Nexus to Razr is a good call?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It looks like you're having a string of bad luck and it might be best to just go ahead and take Verizon up on the RAZR. Who knows how many more you'll have to go through.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Try to get the Maxx if you can. The og razr is so yesterday. :)

Oh yeah. Get the maxx for sure. I was gonna go for this if I had problems with my nexus. But I've been golden. Still on my first one.

Dropped from XparentLiquidNexus via TapaTalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I would be happy with either, as long as the battery lasted all day and my connection and phone calls were good. Everything else is gravy.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I would be happy with either, as long as the battery lasted all day and my connection and phone calls were good. Everything else is gravy.

Lol with a 3200mah battery. You'll last a few days. Data connection is always solid with moto radios. One thing I miss about my bionic.

erjennin

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I was told that the Maxx is not an option for device replacement, so it's OG Razr or keep Nexus. I think I'm leaning towards getting the Razr. The Nexus is a nice phone and the idea of timely updates is appealing, but I should've learned from my past Samsung experience (Fascinate). They have poor Radios.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I was told that the Maxx is not an option for device replacement, so it's OG Razr or keep Nexus. I think I'm leaning towards getting the Razr. The Nexus is a nice phone and the idea of timely updates is appealing, but I should've learned from my past Samsung experience (Fascinate). They have poor Radios.

Hmmm. I wasn't aware that Samsung devices had poor radios. I had a good experience with my charge. The signal was awesome. The best I've ever experienced. Are they offering you any other routes for replacements?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Yes it is. Keep haggling. They only say that because it's technically at a different price tier. I have it as an option if/when I decide i've had enough, but that's based upon a variety of factors (being with Verizon for as long as I was, etc. etc.).

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Nexus #4. Have had mic, screen, data and other issues with each one of my phones. Current Nexus keeps disconnecting from internet, losing my email account, and getting super hot. I've since rooted and ROM's, but the problems still exist.

Verizon has offered to replace my phone with a Razr. Got to admit, i love the design, build quality, and Motorola Radio's are the best. ICS is on the way as well. Could debloat through root as well.

Should I take them up on this offer..... Going from Nexus to Razr is a good call?

In a word, "Absolutely "

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. I wasn't aware that Samsung devices had poor radios. I had a good experience with my charge. The signal was awesome. The best I've ever experienced. Are they offering you any other routes for replacements?

The Charge was pretty good on signal. I never really had RF issues with it either but I had data and memory issues causing reboots. I loved that start up screen before I realized how often I was going to see it. Then I began to hate it. Now with a Maxx. The only restarts I have are self inflicted :) and the call quality is way better.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If offered deal, I wouldn't have to ask. There's definitely history of the Nexus being finicky, and it isn't just your luck. There are people that get them and swear by em, and there's people who swear at them. I'd say you're having the second experience.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
If offered deal, I wouldn't have to ask. There's definitely history of the Nexus being finicky, and it isn't just your luck. There are people that get them and swear by em, and there's people who swear at them. I'd say you're having the second experience.
Which is about the same for every other phone I've ever had/read about on a forum. Why would this one be any different. There was some dude with my former HTC Incredible who sent like 4 of them back for "screen issues and dead pixels". The BB Storm had people who swore by it, and many who returned it or flushed it down the toilet. The Mini Cooper forum I use has owners who had lemons and all sorts of weird problems, and those who don't.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Which is about the same for every other phone I've ever had/read about on a forum. Why would this one be any different. There was some dude with my former HTC Incredible who sent like 4 of them back for "screen issues and dead pixels". The BB Storm had people who swore by it, and many who returned it or flushed it down the toilet. The Mini Cooper forum I use has owners who had lemons and all sorts of weird problems, and those who don't.

Shhh, people think that if they have no problems, then no problems exist--regardless if it's a car, a Nexus, a RAZR, a Gillette Fusion razor, or a piece of steak.

People also think conversely.

But of course, this is just me prodding a 10 year old horse corpse.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Excellent point. I think when ppl have problems with THEIR phone they take it personal and want to bash every phone of their model ever made. And after numerous replacements, they got a right to be mad. My one gn from release day has been perfect, so I ain't mad. :D

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Excellent point. I think when ppl have problems with THEIR phone they take it personal and want to bash every phone of their model ever made. And after numerous replacements, they got a right to be mad. My one gn from release day has been perfect, so I ain't mad. :D

I've had as much, or more replacements, than the average user and I've yet to be mad. Mainly b/c there are just issues with a device when it debuts a brand new OS.

And b/c our dev > anyone else's dev.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty